Monday 11 November 2013

Little bits and batts

After the extensive and interesting blog post of yesterday, today I have a slightly more bitty-post.

Panicked phone call
Panicked phone call
Yesterday (Monday) the men arrived to swap out the shutter on the unit. I have no idea how this has gone as of yet (as I write this) but presumably it has gone well as I haven't received any panicked phone calls.

I don't even know if I have got the keys back yet so I can gain access to the unit; the time the men arrived was well before my studio opens so a neighbour had to give them the keys. Hopefully they have been dropped off at the studio or at the very least they can be picked up from the helpful neighbour (who also provided a fork lift truck) tomorrow.

It is a couple of weeks yet til I'm back there (next weekend is part two of the plastering course....) so I have to patient before I see it. Hopefully my business partner can get round to pushing the trailer inside the unit at least so it is out of the rain and weather and secure from potential thieves.

One use for Marine Plywood
One use for Marine Plywood
Anyway this is good as it means the next free weekend (December, I believe) I will be over there and getting more stuff done. I need to get some Marine Ply to put in the base of the trailer so there is no risk of damage should the trip be wet (and when I bring the trailer to my current house to collect the table I'm sat at now, which will be soon, it almost certainly will be raining so I need this for then). I can go to the friendly builders merchant round the corner for this and also see if he has had my heavy duty padlock delivered yet.

Another thing which occurred to me yesterday (and I have asked my very-long-suffering business partner to assist me on this) is I really should have measured at least the hole I'd made when removing the fridge. In two weeks I am taking Julian on a test trip up to the Lake District and if I have that open I will positively freeze!

COLD!
COLD!
I've asked him to send me a drawing of the dimensions of the hole so I can start designing the rabbit hutch but before anything I will cut out a piece of wood to the correct size and then just whack it in the hole when I collect Julian on my mad dash to the lakes that Friday evening.

What could possibly go wrong.

I haven't heard from the Camper Van Guy about the electrics since I saw him a week ago so I may have to put a chase out on him this evening or tomorrow; I am really having to learn to be organised with this process as there is so much to think about and it would be so easy to just forget something and then screw up.

He has until the end of next week to complete all the work so having gone quiet for a week is not the greatest of things.

Rambo
Rambo
Finally for now I think that Rambo is getting a new cage which will fit in the back of Thomas. It is still not clear in my head what I am going to do but mainly this is because the parents are still on holiday and I want to talk to them about their feelings. I haven't heard back from the pet transport people who were recommended so I think I will have to chase them also.

Chase chase chase......

2 comments:

  1. Stuff the fridge hole with an old duvet, or a bin bag full of laundry if you don't get the wood cut in time. Top tip, right there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a good'un :) He sent me the drawing so I will be able to fill th'hole :) can design the cage too :)

      Delete