Wednesday 20 November 2013

Plastering tips and frustration

Sorry for the lack of post yesterday; I came down with a kicking migraine on Monday night and spent all of yesterday in a dark room resting up trying to sort my vision out.

Migraine face
Migraine face
So it's a general update today, with a few things that have been on my mind to record.

First of all, a few of the tips which we were given at the plastering; just to write these down for posterity.

  1. When mixing your plaster, pull the mixer out to create a tunnel in the mix. If, when you kick the side of the bucket, half of the tunnel falls in then you have the correct consistency.
  2. If possible try to put the correct amount of water in your mixing bucket before adding the plaster powder as this will help to avoid lumpiness in your mix.
  3. When trying to evaluate whether your plaster is ready for troweling off touch gently with the tips of your fingers. You are aiming for "sticky and tacky". The tip was that if the plaster pulls away and at all in little peaks, it is too wet. It should feel sticky but not follow your finger away.
  4. It's all in the angle of your wrist
yep....
yep....
So there you have a substantial collection of opportunities for "that's what she said"isms I shall move on.

I've heard from Lubo with apologies and with the news that yes, I definitely do need to have the PUP. I may have to think hard for the next couple of days to make my mind up about what to do... This is where my frustration at Veselka being so unreliable really comes to the fore. It is ridiculous that she couldn't operate to any fixed deadline and she is even now still delaying me as I was promised an email from her this weekend which never arrived.

I may be forced to pay Veselka something more to get the PUP information out of her.

FRUSTRATE
FRUSTRATE
Julian had his electrics done over the weekend, finally, though the cost in the end was a lot more than I was quoted. I am going to be up in Keswick this weekend in him so will be able to check the work out then, make sure it is worth the amount the chap charged me. I could say more about this situation but will wait for it to be resolved; suffice to say it is not just Bulgarians who cause problems.

Frustrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment