Friday 22 November 2013

Test trip with Julian

After my "looking forward to...." update yesterday I'm kind of continuing in the same vein but with a slightly more immediate target.

Hopefully it'll be sunny in Keswick this weekend
Hopefully it'll be sunny in Keswick this weekend
This evening I am picking up Julian and heading on up to Keswick for a weekend to see just how it is living in him, and also to check out the work which was done to fix the hookup and electrics, while meeting a few friends for some beers. I am really looking forward to getting on the road and taking him on the longest drive I have yet and also spending time in one of my favourite places in England.

Derwent Water, Keswick
Derwent Water, Keswick
I suppose in one sense this could be a "for the last time" because I am not sure if I will manage to get up to Keswick again before I leave.

There's a thought.

I'll be taking lots of pictures and will blog next week about this weekend :) here's to Julian being fully up to scratch and operating exactly how I want him to.

Ridge walking in the Lakes
Ridge walking in the Lakes
Thomas is going back into the garage next week to have his cam belt checked, and also have the slight overheating problem I have seen over the last few weeks looked at; they think it could be a water pump but we'll see. He doesn't overheat with any regularity, and when he does it is easy for me to cool the engine back down again either by moving, or putting the internal heaters on. Sitting in traffic for twenty to twenty five mins (which I do every day to work) doesn't cause any overheating so it is very strange. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of it.

With Thomas being off the road I'll have Julian up at my house (unusually) so next week I'm hoping to get to focus on building the rabbit hutch into him. Again obviously I'll take photographs and blog about this. I can't wait to see how that works out.

Sassy-bun
Sassy-bun
Finally I heard from Lubo through my contact and it seems like I may take him on to push forwards on the PUP and planning permission. He's given me a quote which is reasonable, and I'm just waiting for the contract and a Power of Attorney to be sent so I can get it signed and returned and then he can crack on with it.

It seems that the PUP is sent off and the department HAS to respond within a month and:
If the ministry does not reply within a month of receiving the letter it is considered as "silent consent" and then we could proceed.
This would be very nice indeed, if it turns out to be true.

So back to waiting for contracts and paperwork from architects; I love this, I really do!

Time is passing
Time is passing
 Only 106 days until I leave - wow it is really going fast now!

2 comments:

  1. Cough, cough, splutter, splutter... chug-a-lug-a-lug-a-lug..... VroooOOOOOMMMM!

    Have fun, dude. Say hi to Gary!

    ReplyDelete