Tuesday 1 February 2022

Another bench and more shelving

I'm late to the blog today, having left Angela and Rosie playing a game with Grandma after dinner. Let's get cracking.

Thelma, Louise and Xena in the bed together
Thelma, Louise and Xena in the bed together
Cutting the new bench to size
Cutting the new bench to size
Fixing the supports to the wall
Fixing the supports to the wall
Another bench in place
Another bench in place
Xena with an attitude
Xena with an attitude

First off a picture of how settled Xena has become, snuggled in the bed with Thelma and Louise. There are still some snarls and snaps but mostly they coexist very well indeed. It was a busy old day for me at work so I was not down taking pictures as much as I wanted however I did get a few. The first thing the men did, after applying the next coat of varnish to the main work bench, was to cut and fit the smaller workbench behind the door. I'm going to have my new pillar drill mounted on here. It's now got a leg added, and another wall support, and is very solid. One of the few times I got out to take pictures I returned to find Xena sat on my chair looking at me as if to say "and just where did YOU go to?!" she's such a character.

Drying rack being varnished
Drying rack being varnished
More shelving. You can never have too much shelving
More shelving. You can never have too much shelving
Rosie and Grandma playing with blocks
Rosie and Grandma playing with blocks

The new drying rack for clothes has now started to be prepared for fitting; it's always worth while varnishing the wooden struts so they don't warp or go mouldy with wet clothes. The final tasks for the men today was to fit a load more metal uprights to the walls around the workshop so I can put up shelves to store screws and nails and other bits and pieces. After work I went to collect a delivery and then spent a lovely time before dinner playing in the lounge with Rosie and my mum.

So there it is; thanks for reading, back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment