Wednesday 9 February 2022

Snow break and back to the raised beds

A day off because of snow fall, though it didn't end up being very heavy, meant no update yesterday so let us get to it.
Grandma and Xena play together
Grandma and Xena play together
Set up for a game
Set up for a game
Sammy Snowman nearly gone
Sammy Snowman nearly gone
Rosie and Grandma play a game on her phone
Rosie and Grandma play a game on her phone
Monday night Xena and Grandma were playing together on the sofa in Room 13 while I did some hobbying; it's so good that Xena has relaxed so much now with her. She really is a very nervous puppy around new people. Yesterday I took the day off work to do a load of tidying in preparation for Rosie's birthday party this coming weekend but in the morning Angela, my Mum and I had a go at playing the game mum had bought me for my 40th birthday a couple of years ago. It was a bit of a struggle but we were starting to enjoy ourselves when we ran out of time. Maybe try again next week. I spent the rest of the day clearing and tidying while Angela and mum went out shopping and did a load more chores. It was a busy day. Sammy has almost entirely melted now, sadly, but there's still a remnant but Rosie is outraged about this. She's still loving having Grandma to stay and spends her evenings playing games with her. It's awesome!
Bekir starting to fit the drying rack
Bekir starting to fit the drying rack
And now we have three; I think that's enough
And now we have three; I think that's enough
A final delivery of blocks
A final delivery of blocks
Bekir and Halil starting on the raised beds
Bekir and Halil starting on the raised beds
Plastering the inside of the bed
Plastering the inside of the bed
Stones for the drainage
Stones for the drainage
I asked the men to come today as we had tasks for them inside and they got stuck in to the first one which was to put the extra ceiling rack up in the kitchen. This didn't take them long and just as they were finishing a delivery of blocks, the final ones we ordered about 4 months ago now, arrived. Then it was nice enough for them to stay outside and work on completing the raised beds which they spent the rest of the day doing, even as the wind got colder and colder. It is really important to us to get this done so Angela can start to plant out in there.
Grandma and Rosie special time
Grandma and Rosie special time
Xena attacks
Xena attacks
Rosie had a lovely snuggle with Grandma on the sofa while watching Fireman Sam as her after school treat while I cooked and while I rested on the recliner I was joined by Xena wanting to lick my ears.
Pillar drill attached to the bench
Pillar drill attached to the bench
I'll leave you with by admitting that when I said "I wish I'd asked the men to fit the pillar drill" on Monday I was silly as I went and found that they had absolutely done it. So here is a picture to prove it.

So there it is. I am expecting the men back tomorrow and the weather should be nice enough to continue outside. Here's hoping. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment