Friday 11 February 2022

Another sunny day of progress

We made it to the weekend! And what a weekend it is going to be; Rosie's birthday party tomorrow and her birthday on Sunday. Today was busy for Angela and my Mum and I got stuck in as well so let's get to the blog and tell you about it.

Sammy has all but disappeared
Sammy has all but disappeared
Xena likes sitting on my head
Xena likes sitting on my head
Halil and more soil
Halil and more soil
They are shifting the soil across now
They are shifting the soil across now
Parts laid out ready to make...
Parts laid out ready to make...
.... this awesome house!
.... this awesome house!

First thing here is the remains of Sammy; there's not much left at all. He had a pretty good run though. Xena was funny first thing this morning with her climbing up onto my head and refusing to come down. I took Rosie to school again and when I got back the men were working away on the raised beds. It was a frosty cold start and foggy but once this burned off it was glorious, and truly lovely day. They shifted the extra soil that had been left on top of the first raised bed into the second one and we were starting to get close. At lunch time I put Rosie's big present together - a play house for the balcony and also it's good for outside so in the summer it can move downstairs. She will love it I'm sure!

Awesome raised beds; cannot wait for these to be full of plants
Awesome raised beds; cannot wait for these to be full of plants
Rosie and Grandma return to the table
Rosie and Grandma return to the table
Rosie doesn't want my pizza
Rosie doesn't want my pizza

During the afternoon the men finished shifting soil, used the last of the sheep manure they had brought over from Bekir's farm, and mixed it all in. They spent the remainder of the day replanting the walnut tree over in the orchard. I went with Mum to collect Rosie from school and we went straight to our favourite restaurant for play time and some food; it was so lovely we were able to enjoy the outside play area which Rosie far prefers. She really is loving having Grandma here! After my pizza was finally delivered we headed back and now here I am. Tomorrow and Sunday are going to be crazy busy days and I'm nervous and super excited about all the kids descending tomorrow.

So there you have it; thanks for reading, see you on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment