Wednesday 23 February 2022

More sink

Another day, and maybe the second to last day of the workers being here before their much-delayed winter break. Onwards!

Rosie and Angela sat by a lake
Rosie and Angela sat by a lake

This morning Rosie was all about the imagination. She was sitting at the end of the kitchen island saying she was sat by a lake watching the fish. Later she let Angela join her and later still she told me that she'd tried to catch a fish but it got away. She is so creative and imaginative already it is awesome.

Bekir fits the carpet
Bekir fits the carpet
A large sink with a small unit
A large sink with a small unit
Fitting pipes together
Fitting pipes together

The men went past the shop this morning so were a little later in and the first task I had them do was to put the carpet back down in the library which they did easily and it seems to be very well fitted again which was good. They then went and got the unit from the back of Thomas that I bought yesterday and I found I had mis-measured and it was quite a lot too small, though it was also the only option they had so I talked it through and they made it work OK; they are creative in their solutions. After this was solved the focused on the pipes and making sure the water supply was in the correct place.

One cleaned bowl
One cleaned bowl
Fitting pipes to the wall with clips
Fitting pipes to the wall with clips
Making the drain hole slope more
Making the drain hole slope more
Another mattress into the roof
Another mattress into the roof
Carrying the huge frame downstairs
Carrying the huge frame downstairs

At lunch I finished up the last helping of the first crumble my mum had made for me; only one more to go now! The rest of the day for the men was continuing with pipework and I was busy with work. At the end of the day I went down and asked that Bekir put more of a drop in the drainage pipe which meant more drilling and hammering to make the hole a bit bigger but now at least there's a good enough drop. Finally I moved the old guest bed out of the other guest room and they helped me to move the mattress into the roof, and the actual bed frame downstairs to be deconstructed. Now I've got to make another bed up.

So there is the day; tomorrow may be the final day of the workmen for a while - I'm looking forward to the break! Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment