Tuesday 1 February 2022

Grandma Arrives

I didn't get to do an update yesterday as I was straight from work into Thomas and off to collect my mum from the airport but I thought I'd get the update done this morning and do another this evening for today. So. Two in a day again.
First of all the promised picture of the vacuum pipes for the table saw; the bottom one goes to the table saw exhaust and the top one to the central channel.
Rosie helping to put the cars away
Rosie helping to put the cars away
Louise looking for mummy
Louise looking for mummy
Nice new bed made
Nice new bed made
The sun appears on Sunday
The sun appears on Sunday
Blade isn't square to the table
Blade isn't square to the table
On Saturday it was a day for tidying the lounge, and Rosie helped stacking the toy cars up in their current storage place on the unit in the corridor. I had all the puppies and Louise was outraged she couldn't be with Angela and sat staring at the door. Once it was nap time I put up the new bed for my mum to sleep in while listening to Meatloaf on the new bluetooth speaker that Angela got me for Christmas. Sunday was another lovely and busy day. I played with Rosie a bit, did some hobby and found out that the table saw was very slightly out of alignment however it was awesome to use the new tools for the first time and the dust extraction worked really well.
The covers for over the vacuum channel
The covers for over the vacuum channel
Improving the drainage for the windows
Improving the drainage for the windows
The old bed is finally retired
The old bed is finally retired
Blade is square with the table now
Blade is square with the table now
Bekir sanding, Halil masking
Bekir sanding, Halil masking
Storage under the bench is done
Storage under the bench is done
And so to yesterday. Bekir had taken the old shelves we were using for material for the vacuum channel covers and taken the warp out and made them all the same dimensions so he fitted these in place then I had a couple of odd jobs to do; firstly to prevent a repeat of the guest room flooding he cut a channel out through the insulation to let the drains work. Then between them Bekir and Halil managed to get the old bed taken apart. Bekir also nudged the tablesaw into alignment with the workbench so that is now exact. The other jobs were to sand down the right hand side of the bench and mask off the saw and channel for the tape. Unfortunately we're still waiting for the zero-to-the-centre tape to arrive and we can't let this delay us any more. Finally all the under-bench storage has been completed. While I was out they got another coat of varnish done on the bench before they left as well.
A starter platter that was SO good! Duck Jerky
A starter platter that was SO good! Duck Jerky
Mum is greeted by Louise
Mum is greeted by Louise
After work, and it was a busy one, I headed out in Thomas to collect my mum from the airport. I went to the Italian restaurant we like and had a nice meal then dozed for a bit in the car until her plane landed. It was lovely to see her and the journey back was super quick. Louise and Thelma were very happy to see her but Xena is still very wary of anyone new and is a little scared. She'll come around I'm sure.

There it is; I'll be back later today with the update from today. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment