Thursday 24 February 2022

Bits and Pieces

It's been another busy day for me, and with the news from Ukraine it was also quite an unsettling one. That is very close to us, really, and geo-politically a little concerning for what the knock-on impacts could be. It's out of our control though so what will be will be.
Drain pipe into the wall
Drain pipe into the wall
Tape measure finally fitted
Tape measure finally fitted
The boiler timer in place
The boiler timer in place
Using a crowbar to take apart the old bed frame
Using a crowbar to take apart the old bed frame
Sink is mounted on the unit
Sink is mounted on the unit
Hooks up for the brushes
Hooks up for the brushes
I got to see the progress the men were making as much as I could. They have fitted the waste pipe properly, cemented it in, and plastered over the channel. They also fitted the tape measure to the work bench however it was about 4mm out (Bekir had measured to the wrong side of the blade) but I caught this mistake before it set too much. They have also since begun to put varnish over the top to protect it. Other things done today include the boiler being wired in and fully working, the old bed from the guest room has been dismantled using a crowbar (I made that thing to LAST!) and the sink is fitted. They are actually going to need to come back tomorrow to tile the wall behind it and seal it against the wall to prevent water getting behind it. To wrap the day up I had Bekir fit two hooks to the wall so I could hang my shop brushes up out the way. He also put the ends on the pipes that Angela wants to grow strawberries in so that was good too.
Afternoon sun on the hills opposite
Afternoon sun on the hills opposite
Rosie climbing onto my shoulder
Rosie climbing onto my shoulder
Panoramic shot from the Roof Terrace
Panoramic shot from the Roof Terrace
It has been cold and horrible all day then suddenly at the end of the day the sun burst through and it was lovely. It shone on the hills across the valley and then later, after Rosie had used me for a climbing frame to get onto my shoulders, I went onto the roof terrace and grabbed a sunset picture.

So there it is; I'll be back tomorrow as it happens so thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment