Wednesday 17 June 2015

Coming home

I haven't blogged for a few days but I can assure that you really haven't missed much. I have been mostly working and watching the thunderstorms in the evenings. Fascinating; I do love a good storm and they certainly give it some welly over here. Rambo isn't very keen when they get very loud. I suppose I cannot blame him really.

So where to start?  Monday I was back to work and after a really lovely few days off, I really was not inspired or motivated. I didn't really have time to moan though as it all started to get a bit manic and I was basically glued to my desk for pretty much the whole day. Thunderstorms were raging, as I mentioned and it was all a but dull and non-eventful I am afraid. I neglected to take photos that day as well. I am pretty sure the Mr will be much more enthusiastic about that than I am when he gets back. I think part of me feels that photography should not be a chore - it was a hobby I love and I feel like I have to do it when I write here. It's hard to explain. Basically, I'm a lazy bugger and don't take as many as I should to write about!

Rambo is a permanent source of entertainment. He makes me laugh like nothing else. His new stick is a great source of entertainment for him though and he doesn't like you going near it. If you do, he picks it up and runs off.

My stick
My stick
 Even when he wants a rest, the stick gets a rest too. We all keep each other company.

It comes everywhere with me
It comes everywhere with me
Last time I wrote, we had two new arrivals. Hermes and Mercury. They really seemed to have settled well and I have seen them moving around in there a lot. I have checked for any damage to the corn and see none, so that's a result. I'm not going to weed it in there (maybe a little bit around the tomato plants) so they have plenty to munch on.

Hermes
Hermes
Mercury
Mercury
I may seem a little bit flat as I write this, I am not, merely tired after a few bad nights sleep due to thunderstorms. They have been pretty constant in rolling in and out all afternoon and evening. Huge cracks that you almost think will shake the whole building.  Anyway.

Today is a special day. Not only because Rambo was already awake and playing with his stupidly large "stick", but because today is the day that the Mr leaves the UK. EXCITEMENT!! Hopefully at some stage after 2am he will be waving goodbye to the cliffs of Dover and headed in this direction (I think he updated the Sat-Nav). We are not really sure how long it will take, but he has promised to drive sensibly and not be stubborn about trying to stay awake. He has puppies to look after also.  PUPPIES!! I'm not excited at all, as you can probably tell.

Much entertainment
Much entertainment
Today has been a complete washout due to work and storms and the only think I have to show you is a photo I took around 2pm this afternoon. I had the lights on inside so that I could work. Madness.

Nightfall at 2pm
Nightfall at 2pm
So I leave you now, mainly because my chips are about done and my belly is growling. It's been a tough week and I have stupidly offered to do a couple of hours work in the morning as we are so busy. Silly me!

Leka nosht!

A xx

No comments:

Post a Comment