Friday 5 June 2015

Early weekend

Hi, it's me again! I am going to keep this update very short as I have been using my two additional days off as exactly that - days off. I have done a little bit of work, but this was hampered by the weather also, not just my laziness. When I got up yesterday and saw to Rambo I got a more zealous welcome than ever. I talk to him a fair bit and when I said that Daddy would be back soon he got even more excited, so we sent him a twitter message.

Miss you Dad!
Miss you Dad!
I spotted an intruder on my way back to the laptop before I uploaded the photo to Twitter and over the last few days I have found about four of these little buggers inside. Have no idea how they are getting in. I have scouted the place and see no way on at all. Most annoying as I hate stressing them to get them out.

Intruder
Intruder
I eventually got myself motivated to do something and that was to get my veggies that had been pot tarted transferred to the garden. The bed I had planned to use had become overgrown again and so I set to work.

Overgrown
Overgrown
There is a therapeutic edge to this whole gardening thing. It is very relaxing and allows you to empty your head - or at least that is my feeling. I needed to get these transplanted as there were a couple of days of storms forecast and I thought the rain would do them wonders if in proper soil.

I had only just started when I noticed that the guy fixing the patio was trying in vain to get water from the standpipe to mix his cement, so off I went to next door with my water bottles. No sooner had I arrived than they both came onto the porch and Sanie was waving a plate of what looked like an omelette. It was only then that I realised I hadn't eaten anything and I accepted gladly. Bless her, she really is good to me. It was an omelette of sorts, spring onion but with breadcrumbs and it was gorgeous!

Lunch
Lunch
After a couple of hours (it was very hot in the sun) and several breaks for something to drink, I had planted them all out and only just had enough room. I really hope they do well! There are leeks, carrots, parsnips, broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower here and along with the potatoes, onions, broad beans and corn I have already going, I would say this has been a success so far!

Weeded and planted
Weeded and planted
I had just about finished up at the veggie patch when the storm started to close in. The storms here are amazing; so intense. So much rain fell and I was extremely disappointed to see this in the bedroom. I checked and the window was closed as it should be but there is clearly a seal not doing its job or the window needs to be refitted. We shall get this looked at very soon.

Replacement needed
Replacement needed
 The storm blew itself over last night and I slept really well. I did wake up with a nasty headache today though, as sometimes happens with storms and so I have really had an easy day involving a lot of sleeping and only venturing out to do some food shopping. I have replenished all my nibbly bits and stocked up on the fruit and veg (and obviously potatoes).

Whilst outside this afternoon with Rambo and feeding Kit and Kat I snapped this for the Mr to see as he moans that I don't take enough shots of the progress. Here you go dear xx.

Patio
Patio
I also did a little weeding by the onions as they are becoming a bit smothered, so I wasn't completely useless today. And Rambo loves it when I spend time with him anyway. Here's my boy. His nose will be awfully out of joint when Thelma and Louise arrive. Chaos ensues!

My boy
My boy
I am now sat waiting for this storm to close in and thinking about going to bed early to hopefully sleep through it. If it starts before I get to sleep I will be up half the night again. Fingers crossed, eh?

Leka nosht.

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment