Monday 1 June 2015

Final push

Last night ended with a beautiful sunset. I just missed the sun as I was running around trying to find the camera again. Silly woman!

Sunset
Sunset
I was all set for a lay in this morning as my work would not begin until around 11am local time and just as I rolled over for my second sleep, this caught my eye. What a beautiful sunrise. No wonder I love it here so much.

Sunrise
Sunrise
 I did roll over for a second doze after I took a few photos. I was back to work today and after doing a few chores and having several cups of coffee it began. Then it stopped. My usual contact is off on leave for a few days. How it works usually is that she allocates the work out and it appears in my account. If she is on leave it goes to her colleagues or it goes "up for grabs" and you take what you want. There really was very little coming through, but because the system works like this it means that I have to sit by my computer watching and waiting. What a waste of a day. You can't please me, eh? Moan when I'm busy and moan when I'm not. Typical woman haha.

At around 4.30 I got lots of work through. Typical and I also got a knock on the door from one of the workmen suggesting that I needed to get my clothes off the line. It wasn't raining and I was beginning to get a little irritated as this is the man who just walks in and around the place as and when he feels like. Then I heard a lorry. It needed access to the top bank. They had brought a toy, look!

Mini digger
Mini digger
They set to work straight away and started shovelling and moving and levelling the ground, bringing the levels close to where they started. It was a great machine. I think I'd like one!

Clearing
Clearing
They really flew along the back and filled in the remaining holes. Incidentally, today was this worker's last day, so I am presuming that the other one, Nikolai is staying just to tidy up, otherwise I will have a fair old mess to be getting on with!

Speedy
Speedy
It wasn't long before he came around the front and started there. Sadly, as the digger went across the patio where they had dug the out trench, the slabs underneath were breaking terrible. But then he assured me (and I remembered) that they had been very careful lifting the slabs from alongside the building and they had lots of speare one to replace any that were getting broken. Great.

Front section
Front section
When he had loaded the trailer for the first time I did want to make sure that they were not just dumping it anywhere and when he suggested putting it beside the current pile of rubble, I thought that would be fine; until I saw it dumped. Slightly too close to the washing line  there and there would be at least another four loads. Next time I got him to start a new pile further towards the driveway. Out of the way.

More rubble
More rubble
There were quite a few more loads done and it was starting to take shape. I am really glad. It means I can clear the patio of glass and nails and any other sharp bits that may damage the puppies.

Clearing a path
Clearing a path
Finally, I leave you with what I thought was a great idea; a photo of me in the digger. Unfortunatelt the poor guy had no idea what he was doing and had allowed the zoom to fall out as he looked for the button to push. No matter, I was in it, honest!

In the digger!
In the digger!
So here I am again, ready to get into bed for a 5.30 start. I need to get up and finish the work that awaits me as I am supposed to go into the market tomorrow, I think, with Little Lady and her daughter in law, again, I think! Every day is a surprise!

Leka nosht!

A x

2 comments:

  1. Always enjoy reading your blog, but I never comment! My wife and I are thinking of buying a place in Bulgaria in a few years time to retire, you have so much useful information for us to reference, so thanks :-)

    Keep up the hard work, your place is coming together very nicely!

    From @pugwash99

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is a big change to life in London, that is for sure, but worth the hard work. I hope you find what you are looking for. I highly recommend the lifestyle change!

    ReplyDelete