Sunday 31 May 2015

Few days worth

Firstly, I will apologise for not posting for a couple of days. On Friday I really just couldn't be bothered as I literally did absolutely nothing all day from getting up until going to bed, apart from read and watch a couple of movies. I just felt like I wanted to rest. Yesterday was not a great deal better, but to be fair, I did take a week off work to rest and not do too much, so I am trying not to feel overly guilty. 

With the impending return of the Mr (YAY) and the puppies (YAY) I was worried about any trace of the rat poison being left in the building and so I gathered myself up yesterday before I became too lethargic and I collected all of the sachets. I collected 15 red pouches, eaten, partially eaten and not touched (the second lot that were put down). There were 20 originally. Now, I know of four that I can remember as being removed. That leaves one pouch. This worries me. Inquisitive puppies will always find stuff they aren't supposed to. So I am hoping that my memory is just not good and there have actually been five pouches that have been taken from their original place. I will continue to look, just in case.

De-poisoning
De-poisoning
I pretty much sat and read, napped and rested for most of the day. I had a dodgy stomach and after speaking with S, she informed me that they and their interns had all had the same thing. Perhaps something was going around. My electric was up and down also (perhaps they were making some general repairs) so I watched a movie. During this something at the window caught my eye. It was something flashing. From where I was sitting it looked initially like it was on the roof which freaked me out for a second. I then worked out what it was. So, especially for Grumpy Cockney on Twitter, here it is!


I had been over to see the Little Lady yesterday to try and see if she could understand that I wanted to buy a couple of chickens from her. I failed miserably at this and she ended up giving me eggs as I had tried to say that I wanted egg laying chickens. Never mind. The Mr will sort that out when he gets back, hopefully. On a side note, the eggs were absolutely delicious. That is the colour a yolk is supposed to be!

Proper eggs
Proper eggs
And so to today. Well, I was up at 6am because, well it is Sunday and nobody lays in on a Sunday, do they? Hmmmm. The neighbours dogs were barking and the sun was coming in the bedroom window and so I just had to get up. I drank a couple of cups of coffee and readied myself to do the dreaded task of the humanure. I am sure you have worked out now that it is my least favourite task, but I am braving it and getting it done. Until he comes back. This is definitely a Blue Job.

As I was preparing the area and taking down the wire fencing, I saw this. This is the first time I have seen anything like this before in real life. Look how many eggs there are!

Mother and babies
Mother and babies
 After washing everything thoroughly at the stand pipe and getting myself cleaned up I did a bit of a watering round. It was later that I expected and it was already getting hot, but you can only do what you can. As I watered the corn, I saw that it was growing a little corn bit!! So chuffed!

Sweetcorn!!
Sweetcorn!!
I popped over to see what the neighbours were up to around lunch time as they have been banging and hammering for a couple of days. Looks like they have taken pity on their dogs and decided to provide some shelter for them. This is great. All pitching in and the dogs will be much better off now.

Dog shelter
Dog shelter
On the promise that I would pop in for coffee later on, I set off to start my main task of the day and started sweeping and tidying. The corridors were filled with things sitting around and with old boxes that were going on the bonfire from our move. This is not only a tidying exercise, but a play to make things a little easier and safer for the puppies to be inside. It also allows me a clearer view of whether the rats are still around.

Swept Part 1
It won't be apparent from this, but it is amazing how much bigger it all looks without the clutter. Not that we need any more room, obviously.

Swept Part 2
Swept Part 2
The stairs were different as there is a lip, so I was out with the dustpan and brush and on my knees. I usually only clean like this when something has annoyed me, but today I was on great form.

Swept Part 3
 Finally, I got to the end. Just a small task, but it all counts to the final goal.

Swept Part 4
Swept Part 4
With the work done there was still a little bit of the afternoon remaining and I took the opportunity to go to the terrace for half an hour in the sun. Tomorrow I am back at work again until Wednesday, when again I will need to find some more motivation to get something done. Next is the kitchen to be cleared however, I noticed that the veggie beds needs weeded badly. I may have to find a LOT of motivation later in the week.

I will say goodnight and go and start my dinner. It is getting late here and Rambo needs a run before dark.

Leka nosht!

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment