Monday 4 May 2015

Frustration

Good morning from Bulgaria!

Blazing hillside
Blazing hillside
 So, began with a jolt out of bed at 6.10am. I heard Rambo going absolutely ballistic down in the porch and as I have been closing him in, I wondered if someone was there. He was barking and barking and tearing around the porch like a lunatic! I was running down the corridor putting my jogging bottoms on, much like something you see in films. When I got to the porch and flicked the lights on I saw straight away what was going on. He was practically climbing the walls to reached two swallows that were perched on the electrical cable that runs through the porch. He was actually on top of the bags of cement clawing at the walls and wishing he was Spider-Dog! I managed to get him out and chase the sparrows out without any bloodshed. He hates those birds.

As it has been warm over the last few days with only the odd spot of rain I went out to do the watering round and I can't work out if these are the flowers I planted coming through or if they are just weeds. I guess time will tell.

Hopefully flowers
Hopefully flowers
 Rambo did his rounds this morning and I caught him whilst up on the balcony. I'm not sure if he does this as often as he used to, but he obviously does it. I also caught him up on the top bank late the other night when I went to tuck him in, but with wolves in the area and visible sightings in the village, I want him in at night.

On his rounds
On his rounds
 After an earlier start than I had planned, I thought I would crack on and get the gate screwed together. I was quite looking forward to it. Off I went and gathered up all my tools, in my tool belt and set up in the outside porch as it has both a flat floor and a pillar to use to help screw the short vertical parts of the frame. Well, this is where it all went wrong today. With some stubbornness, I managed to get a screw at each long end of the frame for the top and bottom struts, with huge difficulty. The screwdriver was not functioning as it should, as I thought. Perhaps it was me. The clutch kept slipping and resulted in the screw going nowhere fast. I took to manually screwing it, done my shoulder an ouchie with putting so much pressure on the screw to try and get it to go in and had a bit of a tantrum. This is not like me, I rarely lose my rag. I then made a coffee and tried to calm myself and went out to have a look at the drill. I got it to work, but it just would not put this screw into the wood. Perhaps the wood is too hard, I don't know. Perhaps I was just doing it wrong or I wasn't strong enough, but this gave me the serious hump. If I had toys in a pram, they'd have been all over the patio.

The Mr woke up and bless him, the first message he got was sent with dragon fire to 2,000 miles away. He is so good lol. He kept me calm, told me what to do and it still didn't work so I told him I was going to burn the whole lot and went back upstairs again huffing and puffing. I really don't know what was wrong with me today. I think the frustration of that, tiredness and generally just not wanting to have to deal with anything or anyone were the main elements.

After much soothing from the UK and a bit of reassurance that the drill was old and needed to be replaced, I set off for town to get a new one. When I got there, they had only one set with the same battery packs that we currently have and it was very expensive and also came with a battery powered torch, which we don't really need. I came away with new screws only thinking that perhaps a 5mm rather than a 6mm will go in a little easier. I also stopped off to get Rambo some more meat.

I arrived back and got to the gate, which was wide open, and saw this. The gate being left open enraged me further. Laziness! I went upstairs to drop off my stuff and went to let Rambo out.

Drainage material
Drainage material
 I didn't notice it before I went up, but as I turned the corner towards his enclosure I saw this! Why on earth would you dump a trailer load of sand in the middle of the patio that I had just driven off an hour before when there was a pile of sand by the rubble pile already!? The blood pressure was rising again.
Dumped!
Dumped!
I was just about to open Rambo's enclosure for him when I suddenly thought that I had better check the main gates. Yes, you guessed it.

Wide open
Wide open
Fuming, I shut the gates and let Rambo out who was, as always, delighted to be free again. I stormed upstairs, had a chat with the Mr and promptly went down to give off stink to the drainage guy who stared at me and shouted something after me which I ignored for fear of shouting obscenities at him. I don't know why I put Rambo away today, I usually don't when the men are around, but thank goodness I did. Not only Rambo to consider, but the farm is opposite the gates and the cows and sheep and of course, their dogs, all roam free. Pure laziness and a complete lack of consideration. I was really, really cross and he knew it.

I had planned to go and continue digging and weeding out the third bed today but I was so discombobulated in how I was feeling that I went off for a nap and then to the terrace instead. I took some time out to sit in the sun and try to relax. Gradually, I began to feel calmer.  poured a glass of wine and just enjoyed an hour to myself with the sun on my face. I presume the wine helped somewhat also.

The drainage man had two workmates turn up mid afternoon also and they were all working away out the back, putting our concerns over the depth of the trench along the back wall were the water currently seeps through when there is a downpour. After they left I went out the back to have a look and I measured the depth from the window to the floor inside and then the depth from the window to the trench on the outside. They are about 3cms deeper outside and so a few more and we should be covered to avoid any damp walls once all of this is done. Thank goodness!

Dug deep
Dug deep
I have sat this evening between cooking, ordering some shorts and a couple of tops and summer dresses as i really have very little in the way of summer clothes and after today, it is only set to get warmer so I am going to need them. Retail therapy always helps. I like to go down and give Rambo some fussing before it gets dark and he thoroughly enjoys that half an hour. Tonight however, I am sure the birds were teasing him as they again came into the inner porch and circled above him. He went ballistic again and I couldn't help but laugh at him chasing them around the patio area. He really doesn't like them. I think I will have to block that bit of broken glass in the door off, for my own sanity if nothing else., I did have a good old laugh though and the mood has really shifted.

Chasing birds
Chasing birds
 Finally, a beautiful sunset to finish my day. If that doesn't warm the heart, nothing will.

Sunset
I am going to leave it here for the evening and watch the final frames of the Snooker Final. Have a good evening.

Leka nosht.

A x

2 comments:

  1. Something weird is happening with your blog/rss feed.

    In Feedly, where I read the feeds, there's a daily entry for the blog, as it should be. However, when I click the link to visit the site, it returns a 404 error.

    What I observed is that usually the title of the blogpost in the feed differs from the one in the blog. This reflects on the URL as well, so that could be the problem.

    Are you in a habit of posting and then editing the title of the post?! When the bearded one was posting daily, I have very rarely encountered this.

    For example, today's post in the feed leads to:
    http://oldschoolbulgaria.blogspot.com/2015/05/frustation.html

    While the actual URL is:
    http://oldschoolbulgaria.blogspot.com/2015/05/frustration.html

    And while we're on that topic, I really, really, REALLY urge you to take a look at the blog's feed settings and set the "Allow Blog Feed" to "Full". That will allow reading the whole posts in beautiful and usable Feedly (or alternative RSS reader), instead of having to visit the site, which behaves weirdly on a smartphone :(

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mr here :) yeah I think this blog post was reposted as the title was misspelled?

      The reason why I only send the head of the blog is because it caused problems with some other RSS readers when set to full. I will do some more research and see if I can get it changed back; maybe I had done something else wrong.

      Cheers for your comments, as always :)

      Delete