Thursday 28 May 2015

Eagles and dust

Hello again and welcome to my day. It started extremely late today as I had a really late night and promised myself I would not get up at the crack of dawn to watch the rain. 10.30am and I dragged myself up and flicked the kettle on. Rambo was happily tormenting the men and I took my time with waking up. I was particularly hungry after my second coffee which is unusual and had a craving for pancakes, of all things. That is what I had. 5 of them, although the recipe said those measurements should serve 12- 14 pancakes. I am not so sure.

Pancake brunch
Pancake brunch
I have been struggling with my motivation to read of late as the book I was reading on my Kindle is one of a long series that I love but something the writer is doing is spoiling it. I'm not sure what; maybe the dumbing down of one of the characters. Anyway, I decided to pick another and I found these two. They will do for now.

Reading material
Reading material
It was a dull day today but when I saw Rambo slumped on the porch I thought I would take him out and stretch his legs to cheer him up a bit. So we set off down the hill. He just loves his walks.

Walkies time
Walkies time
It is not unusual to spot birds of prey around here but this one caught my eye as it was just at the top of the ridge and it had swooped in and tried to grab a smaller bird; probably a sparrow or swallow. It seemed to be very hungry indeed. Now, I cannot decide what it is and the photo is not great either, but I have looked at the Greater Spotted and Lesser Spotted Eagles and thought it was most likely to be one of those but I just can't match the colouration and the tail is not forked, so it cannot be a Kite. Hopefully I will get a better photo one day.

Eagle
Eagle
When we got to the bottom of the hill there were two options; climb up the hill or climb up and over the rocks. We both went for the rocks. The landscape here is fabulous. I can never tire of it.

Landscape
Landscape
Even Rambo took time to appreciate it with me. He has finally gotten used to me stopping for photos and now just stops, stands reasonably still and waits. He can be a good boy.

Enjoying the view
Enjoying the view
Whilst it was cooler and dull today it was still very humid and by the top we were both a little warm and out of breath. However, not as out of breath as I was this time last year doing that, so the fitness levels must have improved.

Up and over
Up and over
It wasn't a long walk today but it is always nice to get him out and give him a change of scenery for a while, as well as for myself. When I got back I read for a little while and pondered the chicken situation. When I looked out there were many people next door and they were all extremely busy outside so I decided I would wait until I was asked to coffee again.

Not wanting to be totally lazy I ticked off a couple of tasks from my to-do list by clearing the bottom corridor and sweeping all the winter debris from it and the entrance hallway. It certainly warmed me up! I am pretty pleased with this now as it means there are now only four rooms on the ground floor that I won't touch until the Mr gets back. So much dust gathers around and I am going to have to think of a way to combat it when we are finished refurbing.

Entrance hallway
Entrance hallway
Cleared corridor
Cleared corridor
The men have been cracking on today and are very close to finishing as far as I can tell. The have been laying the stone edging to the drop from the patio into the garden today. Heavy stones!

Rebuilt
Rebuilt
They have also been tipping in the stones to cover the pipework and have only a small section to the front and side of the rooms to the left of the porch to go. I am not entirely sure what it will look like in the end as there is currently rubble piled up everywhere; it has been a very messy job, I just hope it works!
No trench
No trench
I am very glad that I don't have to worry about falling into the trench now when I leave. I am so forgetful and clumsy sometimes that I am surprised I haven't already done it.

I am out of photos and almost steam and am going to take my new book to the sofa and relax a while.

Leka nosht.

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment