Sunday 10 May 2015

A true day of rest

Last night, after working hard on the garage all day I had realised that I had forgotten to leave anything out of the freezer for dinner. This was a pain as I was feeling really very hungry. I decided it was treat night and I took myself off to the local restaurant. The staff are great in there and are getting to know me now, always sending a waiter with a little English which is lovely. They like to practice their English as much as I like to be able to hold my own in Bulgarian.

Dinner was lovely as usual. The steaks here are not great though, but as I eat a lot more chicken at home, I wanted a little bit of red meat. Zelena Salata, potato wedges and steak. Perfect.

Dinner
Dinner
I even had a dessert. Tiramisu ice cream cake. It was gorgeous and I couldn't finish it all. I tried very hard.

Dessert
Dessert
Sunday's are meant to be for resting. This is what I told myself today and that is pretty much exactly what happened. I jumped up from bed around 7am and made my way to the kettle. You just cannot start any day without coffee. And another coffee. The first thing I had to do was get to the shops, so I spent a little while out with Rambo, feeding him and playing Kong, also checking for the two ticks I found on his chest last night and spraying them with vinegar again. One had gone, one remained. I suspect the spot on that the vet had provided does not deter them from biting but actually kills them when they do, so I am unconcerned at this stage. He is not due a top up for another fortnight so I am reluctant to put more on him now.

I got to the shops at around 9am and what a good idea it was to get there early; there was hardly anyone in there at all. I was in and out fairly quickly as I really didn't need much, mainly food for Rambo, bread and milk. I did pick up some fruit as they had just stocked up with a fresh batch.

I got back and drove Lucy back onto the land again. I really need to do that more as the patch in the middle of the tracks is starting to become overgrown as well. I can use her to keep it low as I drive on it. As I got out of the car, Little Lady came strolling in and was waving a letter. The first one since I arrived and of course, it was a bill! Typical. Hardly a bill to be worried about though; just the electric bill and it is so cheap here really. She invited me over for a hot milk and when I put my shopping away I went over and enjoyed some time with her and her and her daughter in law. Lovely people, we are so lucky.

I was really tired today and I headed back over to have a nap. After an hour of tossing and turning I got back up and went to the porch with my book. Rambo came for some R&R also, bless him.

Chilling on the porch
Chilling on the porch
I got a bit peckish and remembered that I had some fruit. Look at these. So juicy! I ate a few and headed back to bed again. I have felt drained all day and just not 100% right.

Nom
Nom
I had no motivation at all today but I wanted to try out the Mr's scythe and see if I could use it. The garden was so overgrown I couldn't even get in to do any digging on the bed. The grass and weeds just explode here with the slightest bit of rain falling. I have to admit, it is hard work scything, not made any easier by the fact that I was about a foot too short to make using it comfortable. I have to commend him for all he did last year with the scythe. My response to this exercise is to buy a strimmer.

Shorter grass
Shorter grass
The plants are coming on great too. The corn has really shot up as have the sunflowers.

Corn
Corn
Sunflowers
Sunflowers
It was time for Rambo's evening feed and I brought my book down, a glass of lemonade and parked myself on the swinging chair for a while. It has become a ritual in the evening. I keep him company and he loves it. Today has been the first day in a long time that he has eaten well and I was so pleased. I don't like it when he is off his food. He even asked for seconds and I made an exception today and gave him some more. He must have thought it was Christmas.

Rambo  eating again
Rambo  eating again
As we sat there the wind was picking up and I dashed off before the rain set in and grabbed the sheets off the line and that reminds me, I need to go and put them back on the bed.

I will leave you with this now and go and settle myself for a film before bed and back to work again for another week.

Leka nosht.

A x


No comments:

Post a Comment