Friday 1 May 2015

Half a day

First of all, I want to thank everyone who clicks on the blog link. We have achieved a first on yesterday's post and have had more than 1,000 views on that post alone. I am not sure why or what it is we are doing differently recently, but thank you all for taking the time to stop by!

I had a very late night last night, so getting up this morning was very difficult. I was only working until lunch time and got straight on with it once I had made my coffee. Before long, Nikolai pitched up and was shouting up looking to connect his big drill to the power, so I ran a cable that I use for the saw in the wood room and passed it it. He got cracking straight away. Looks like a definite blue job to me, I doubt I would be able to even lift it.

Pneumatic-drill
Pneumatic-drill
I finished up with work just before 11am and had forgotten that I hadn't fed Rambo. I'm a bad mother! He never whines though and was more interested in barking at the drill. Whilst sat on the porch with another coffee and keeping Rambo company I spotted something move on the pile of bricks. At last, a bright green lizard! I was very slow in my movements and instructed Rambo to stay when he saw me get up, which he obeyed (for a change). There were two. So pleased I got decent shots of them. What fabulous colours they have; especially the blue chin.

Chilled lizard
Chilled lizard
Nosey lizard
Nosey lizard
I was pretty tired after my late night and I was still up at 7am. I thought about going back to bed, but instead I had to go into the supermarket to pick up some more bits and bobs. I am not particularly enjoying any of me food at the minute and I wanted to get some treats to get my taste buds going again. Getting into the larger of the two local towns and the cloud started to descend. A huge storm had blown in and I sat in the car park for about 15 minutes before I made my move. Town and the shopping centre was extremely busy, much more so than usual. The shop was a nightmare; people everywhere and getting in the way. Just as well it was me and not the Mr, he'd absolutely hate that situation.

On the way back from town I realised that something was going on for May Day. Halfway up the hill on the way out of town were a procession of old classic cars. There were those little "Herbie" cars (Citroens, I believe) and various others that I did not know the name of. Unfortunately I was unable to stop and get photos, but it was pretty special.

Back at home, the storm had started to head our way and so I drove the car onto the patio to unload, after which I submitted to an afternoon nap. I really needed it.

I popped out after getting back up and burned the rubbish and then Rambo and I took a walk around to see what had changed over the last few days.  The Mr is certainly going to have to make hay while the sun shines. Look at the height of the garden grass!

Overgrown
Overgrown
 As I walked back up towards the house I saw a couple of trees. I have not noticed these before. I must have stared at them for five minutes, trying to think if they had been there yesterday or even last weekend. I could not work out how they got planted, because I certainly haven't done it. Maybe the neighbour? Maybe Sally? Who knows! They are both victims of winter by the looks of it.

New trees!
New trees!
Despite falling over and having severely damaged branches, the fruit trees are certainly battling on. Look at the bloom on them!

Blooming trees
Blooming trees
 Towards the vehicle gate, the silver birches are doing well with the exception of the one which snapped over winter sadly. The top half is not looking just as strong as I had hoped by now. I do hope it makes it.

Not so good
Not so good
Whilst out watering the plants in the veg garden and pots the Little lady shouted over for me to go for coffee. After my nap and feeling still quite groggy, I accepted gladly. She was out digging in the garden with her daughter in law. The men were pottering around spraying the plants with something or other and we sat on her porch steps and tried to have a natter. They had also treated their dogs with tick treatment and offered me some for Rambo.  I explained that I already had some and I had found the vets that her son had told me about. I got a tour of her veggie garden. My goodness, these people sure know how to grow things. Her potatoes and onions are miles ahead of mine.  I had a lovely time just sitting there, listening to them banter and laugh and I felt very welcome and very much involved. They really do make me feel like part of the family.

I left to go and spend a bit of time with Rambo before dinner and the son came over to have a walk around and see what the drainage trench was like. They are a lovely family. Their kids are very well behaved also and no trouble at all.

And so I am sat here with a belly full of chicken tikka masalla, snooker on the laptop and a beer in my hand. So I will say goodnight and go and enjoy the rest of my half day off.

Leka nosht.

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment