Wednesday 20 May 2015

Stoned

Last night ended up being a late one after getting to bed at a reasonable time. This was due to the dogs across the way barking very loudly and for an age. It was too warm to close the window and I eventually gave up trying to sleep!

I awoke to bright sunshine again and made my way to the office to check what work I had been allocated. You guessed it, yet another busy day! I had made my coffee and I could hear Rambo barking so I decided to go and tell him off. It turns out the men had put him away. They were beginning to lay the pipe around the building so i can imagine him getting in the way, so fair enough.

Laying pipe
Laying pipe
 I realised that there was no water in his bowls within his enclosure so I went to fill them up again. He is rarely in there now because I am a lot easier on him than the Mr and don't punish him as much. Again, the sea of red was beautiful and I had to snap this shot. How pretty.

Beautiful poppy
Beautiful poppy
Rambo was not impressed; not even with three full water bowls. He didn't take his eyes off the men working. It's a hard life being a Rambo.
A longing look
A longing look
 I again was busy with work with an urgent file to type. The turnaround on an urgent is within four hours, so with a file of just under an hour in length, I was being tested to the full. My fingers were almost on fire when I had finish. I did manage to get out and see some more progress though. It seems the first layer of dense stone is being laid.

Stone the pipe
Stone the pipe
 The men worked away as a team all day; one bringing the stone and the other levelling it. It looks like slow process, but those trenches were pretty deep.

Team work
Team work
After their lunch they must have taken pity on Rambo and decided to let him back out. He was very good today though and I didn't have to chastise him for getting in the way; he stayed calm and played when the men took a break from shovelling and barrowing to throw his Kong for him.

Obedience
Obedience
 We were due to get a storm around lunchtime today and apart from a short downpour at around 11am, there was no sign of it until around 4pm. The clouds were building and the wind was picking up. I love a good storm. Especially now we have a proper roof!

Storm brewing
Storm brewing
I had confirmation of my reduction in hours today so I did a little dance at my desk. I am going down to a three day week which commences the week following my holiday. I am so looking forward to that. Monday to Wednesday with a super long weekend every week! That is more like it! (Thanks Mr x)

They have made good progress today and this is the final end of day progress shot for the Mr.

Progressing
Progressing
Whilst I was up on the balcony taking photos and watching for the storm (which incidentally blew straight past us, as happens here a lot), I spotted Rambo on the porch watching the birds and growling. This is standard behaviour at dinner time as they torment him by flying through the porch and twittering at him.He hates them with a passion.

Where's Wally?
Where's Wally?
 I have eaten already and made a success out of a sauce mix packet that I couldn't read the instructions on. I don't even know what the sauce was, but after adding the standard onions, peppers and chilli, it turned out really well and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really do need to learn this language if for nothing else, just so as I know what I am eating!

It's time to sign off and relax for a while, so to you all, Leka nosht!

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment