Monday 25 May 2015

Bank holiday Monday

What do you do on a bank holiday usually? I don't do anything strenuous and allow my body to tell me when it has had enough work for a while. Today was an easy day with very little in the way of anything happening from me.

I was up at around 7.30 and took my coffee out to Rambo, sat on the porch with him a while and enjoyed the morning sunshine. The weather is due to change this week and it is going to get significantly cooler with the chance of some storms on Wednesday.

The first thing I did after I woke up was go into town and do the shopping. My fridge was almost bare and I needed to stock up. Halfway round and just after I bought my meat at the counter I spotted this in the fridge shelves. I have to admit that I was slightly freaked out and it took me a moment or two to work out the Cyrillic. Rabbit. All I could think of was Sassy!

Rabbit
Rabbit
I got back and pottered around, putting things away, having some croissants and generally mooching around. As I said, I have been feeling terribly lethargic the last while and I did book this week off to actually recover from being so busy over the last few weeks, so I tried not to feel overly guilty about doing nothing. Having sat around and messed around on t'inerwebz for a little while I took a walk with Rambo around the land and came back in for a nap. I really haven't done much at all. On the plus side, my shoulder is less painful and the bruises I seem to have acquired from somewhere feel less painful. I did notice this though. I poppy, growing from the brick work!

Poppy walls
Poppy walls
I didn't do absolutely nothing; very little, granted, but I did do a watering round throughout the afternoon when the water came on in dribbles.

The corn is growing strong, as are the onions and potatoes.

Corn
Corn
Onions and spuds
Onions and spuds
 I was making my way through the garden and down to the olive trees and I spotted an orange flash. There are many butterflies around at this time, but I have not spotted one this colour before. Very pretty indeed.

Tiny butterfly
Tiny butterfly
Now for the bad news. I have NO idea what has happened here but I was most upset. I have been watering our one remaining olive tree as often as I can, water supply permitting and within the last two days, something has happened to it. I do not know what broke the trunk or who has removed it from its bed, but I will get to the bottom of it. I am most cross. This is what I found.

Final tree
Final tree
No more olives
No more olives
So the rest of the day was spent lazying around in the sun, watching and listening from the balcony to the chicks I believe are in a nest in the guttering. We will have to think of a way to avoid that in future. In the meantime, it is 7pm and I need to start cooking something really. I have pork belly which was marinated in something or other, so that and some salad will do nicely.

Tomorrow is market day and I want to get down there and have a good old mooch around and take my time; maybe I will stop for a kebab for my lunch.

Leka nosht.

A x



No comments:

Post a Comment