Tuesday 19 May 2015

Back to work

Yesterday is a bit of a blur really as I was back to work and was particularly busy with encroaching deadlines. I had a good night's sleep when I finally got over but I woke well before the alarm went off, grabbed a drink and went straight back to sleep. When I woke again it was a more acceptable time and I got up to see this from the balcony. Beautiful.

Sunrise
Sunrise
 As I say, busy at work and I gave myself a numb bottom sitting at the desk for most of the day, so nothing of any major importance happened. When work was finished I took a stroll out to the balcony and noticed that one set of flowers has begun to bloom! Beautiful. Will have to try to remember which ones they are. I had bought a bundle of blue flower seeds as I thought they would look good up there and I have not been disappointed.

First blue flower
First blue flower
I had a night off from the blog so I wasted my evening on the internet and drinking beer. I did catch the sunset however.

I had gone to bed last night an left my phone on the duvet beside me. After a while I needed to use the bathroom, flung the duvet back and watched my phone fly across the room, hit the wall and then the floor. I think the screen is a bit broken now. Never mind.

Today was similar to yesterday and I was extremely busy again, so I nipped down this evening to get a few pictures of what the men have been up to and I saw they have almost finished laying the concrete out the back and got the remainder of the membrane up.

Last of the membrane
Last of the membrane
Concreting
Concreting
The weeds are not the only things growing on the land; my veggies are starting to come to life in a big way at last.
Growing
Growing
So, on the right we have cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower (no idea which ones are which though as the writing has disappeared off my sticks!). The middle tray contains parsnips, I hope. These will need to be planted out in the garden soon.

Almost ready
Almost ready
 And in this tray we have leeks and carrots. I am rather looking forward to eating all of these.

Getting there
Getting there
 What else happened? Not much. I made pizza for dinner, fed Rambo and changed my bedding to the new cover I bought the other day. Much brighter and a bit more summery. I do love fresh sheets.

New bedding
New bedding
All this working is making me tired, but on Thursday I will be finished up for ten days and be able to take some time to enjoy this place. Also, after a bit of convincing from the Mr, I have arranged to go down to a three day week. I am actually really looking forward to having more time to myself and to allow me to do the things I want to do. That's what all of this was about after all.

Anyway, I am off. Have a great evening and we will catch up again tomorrow!

Leka nosht.

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment