Sunday 17 May 2015

Free weekend

Yesterday started late for me and it was gone 8am before I got out of bed and there was a lot of barking from Rambo who had been locked away by the drainage worker. I dragged myself into Room 13 and flicked the kettle on and heard voices. Looking outside I could see the farmer's nephew walking around with a wrench in his hand. It urns out that they had no water flow getting to them again and he came up try and make a better job of it. After only about five minutes I had made my coffee and gone down to see how they were getting on and he was heading off. All fixed! No more leaking and the water pressure was back as it should have been. Hooray!

Stronger fix
Stronger fix
I was very tired yesterday; I think the last few weeks of work had finally caught up with me and I had no energy whatsoever. In between naps throughout the day I merely pottered around in the garden and weeded, cleared a couple of beds and raked up the hay from the scything I had done. That was enough exertion for me to be honest, I was drained completely. Still, the corn is really coming along now and is still shooting up.

Corn
Corn
As are the sunflowers. I am rather excited about these.

Sunflower
Sunflower
I noticed something sad whilst I was pottering and it seems that only one of our olive trees is just about holding on for dear life. I hope it survives, but it really is not looking too promising. The other three are gone.

Olive hanging on
Olive hanging on
The good news was that having previously looked at the Mr's vine that he planted last year and really not having much hope for it, it seems to have had a sudden burst of life again with not only a new shoot on the main vine, but it seems a whole new vine is growing right beside it! He will be pleased that I haven't managed to kill it after all!

New shoots
New shoots
That was pretty much yesterday. The reason I didn't blog was because I went out to our local restaurant for my dinner. There was a huge wedding party taking place and there were only two spaces left in the car park. It was busy in the restaurant also but as always, I had a lovely meal of lamb cutlets and salad with a side of chips. I forgot to take photos as I was quite engrossed in my book, sorry.

This morning was another later start and I woke around 7.15 with the sun already blazing in. A beautiful start to the day. It had forecast it to be around 26 degrees and it was getting there fast. I had the humanure to do today so I decided to get that done early to avoid too much of the heat. The first task was to clear Sassy's toilet tray as it really was beginning to honk again. I emptied it out and went off to do the humanure deed. I washed out her tray and scrubbed it, even uses some pet disinfectant and voila! Much better. True to form as soon as I walked to the gate at the door, she was straight in and using it. She always does this.

Clean Sassy
Clean Sassy
I also cleaned her shelf. As she spills her water there does seem to be the need for regular cleaning of this, so her whole cage got a makeover today. All cleaned out, fresh hay and a happy bunny at the end of it all.

And cage
And cage
By the time I had finished with Sassy's stuff it was really heating up and I was thinking about taking Rambo to the river as a treat. He has not been out much lately. So I finished off with filling the buckets of sawdust and a fresh lot of buckets were all set.


Rambo really is a lovely dog and I had gathered my stuff together and put my sunglasses and his lead inside my hat and set it on the swinging chair in the porch whilst I attached my travel bag around my waist. It took him a moment but when he clocked the lead he looked at it and to me about three times. On the third time he let out the cutest little excited whine I have ever heard. It really did make me laugh.

We set off down the hill and he was very good. He does seem to have got better at staying calm lately; I was just saying it to the Mr earlier. He really does seemed to have settled back in again finally. At the river he was super excited and even though the water level has dropped significantly since our last trip, he seemed to enjoy himself to the point of exhaustion!


It was a long and hard walk back up the hill after about an hour of playing in the water. I even went for a paddle myself. It is a great river and runs so clear. I managed also to get a shot of the construction of the new bridge that will lead us into town without having to cross the narrow bridge over the river and all the way round the town. They are coming on well with it.

New bridge
New bridge
We had to stop halfway up the hill for a rest. He had a drink at the trough and I had a seat for five minutes in the shade. Someone obviously thought a little more comfort was needed and brought an old armchair out for passers by.

Rest spot
Rest spot
So that was pretty much my day. I spent some time on the terrace when I got back, just relaxing and listening to all the wonderful sounds that you get here. The neighbours were waving from the garden where the men we revamping the kennels for the dogs, I think. It is nice to just sit and be sometimes.


I am going to go now as I would like to head off to bed and watch a movie. Too much sun always tires me out.

Leka nosht.

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment