Saturday 23 May 2015

Gardening fun

So yesterday was a day of going out and shopping. I met S&S and their interns for lunch. I had to go to the bank because I am now rich as the money transfer was completed and I was able to relax about paying for any work to be done. Phew! I have no idea what this statue is off and I really should have gone for a look but we were in a hurry to find food.

Statue
Statue
 We had a kebab in one of the park cafes and it was good, just not as good as the one in our local town, which I plan to have tomorrow! I have not been feeling the need for food in this heat and whilst I enjoy losing weight, I also enjoy my food!

Through the market was an overwhelming smell of strawberries. Only yesterday the little lady tried to give me some plants but I just don't have room yet in my patch.

I was also sorry that we didn't have a chest freezer. One of these would have been great!

Meat!
Meat!
 I didn't do much when I got back yesterday apart from go to bed for an hour or so. I had forgotten my hat when I went out and I had a horrendous headache. I ended up in bed by 8pm and slept right the way through to the cuckoos wailing at each other across the garden at 5.20. Not impressed. Up and at them at 6am I pottered around, still had no water so therefore no washing machine and Rambo and I chilled on the porch with coffee and a bowl of water. Already it was warming up, with two new arrivals to the field.

Two new arrivals
Two new arrivals
 I had bought a strimmer yesterday and needed to get petrol for it. At about 8.30 I set off and was already roasting. I set to trying to at least get it started. This was my lot!

My purchase
My purchase
 Managing to get it going - eventually - I set to work. Because the grass is so long here you just cannot go in at the bottom as I learned very early. I had to take the growth down in stages, but I was making progress, albeit slowly.

Section one
Section one

I did have a break in between. In was 28/29 degrees and I was already going pink. The sweat was literally dripping from me when I had finished round one. Round two was easier, but still as much hard work. It't harder than it sounds, trust me.

Section two
Section two 
Rambo has been very subdued in the heat and has spent most of the day in the porch to keep cool. He did come out with me for a walk around at the end of the day.  Here we see the front section receiving its stones.

Going well
Going well
The men were finding it tough too and I caught them on one of their breaks in the shade at the end of the day.

Shading
Shading
 They have done half of the back also.

Back wall
Back wall
 Rambo was inspecting the stone delivery. I missed the lorry coming again.

More stones
More stones
Anyway, tonight I have barbecued some spuds and a prawn kebab which was really nice, something different. I am all out of words and photos and hope to get another early night, build the chicken coup and strim some more grass. Another busy day, so Leka nosht and sleep well!

A x

1 comment: