Tuesday 12 May 2015

Working hard again

What happened yesterday? Well not a lot really. It was raining and cloudy for most of the day. The temperature had dropped so much that I had to light the fire pretty much as soon as I got up. When dropping some wood into it, this happened. This is NOT where the hatch is supposed to live!  What a palaver to rectify. It was piping hot and I was using two sticks to replace it as the wood was piled up inside and the flames were rising. Hairy moment! Luckily, I have spent a lot of time practising chopsticks and I eventually got it back in place.  

Displaced
Displaced
I had got out of bed really early yesterday as I had a lot of work to do and by 7am I was tapping away on the keyboard. It was no surprise that by 9am I was starving but my deadline was fast approaching and I needed to eat on the run, so I had to settle for the healthy option of yoghurt and fruit. It was rather nice and the strawberries were simply delicious.

Healthy
Healthy
As I have said, I had a lot of work yesterday and I actually ended up doing more than 11 hours at my desk, so I am afraid, I have nothing else to tell you about. Except that I think I have finally found acceptable mince beef, from Lidl. My bolognese was really quite nice this time.

Today was going to be another busy day, but thankfully not just as manic as yesterday. I managed to have a relative lie in and the sun made it up before me, only just. Beautiful.

Sunrise
Sunrise
I have been feeding Rambo earlier in the mornings now as he just seems so distracted with workmen around. This is actually working very well. I sit with him with my coffee and swing on the swinging chair and I am pleased to say that he is much more focused and back to eating well again. Between chasing the swallows that insist on tormenting him.

Whilst looking around me on the chair I noticed this big beast! It was dead. I would not have got this close if it was.

Dung beetle
Dung beetle
Nikolai turned up today, alone. There is always more progress with the other two men here, They seem to work a little harder, but progress is progress no matter how small. After working for a few hours I went down to check out what was happening and he was having lunch so I called Rambo round and sat with him a while. They are making their way to the front gate so that the out flow pipe can be fitted.

Almost there
Almost there
I got in, not expecting it to be as deep as it is. It was up to my ribs! Although, I am not the tallest person in the world.

Rib high
Rib high
Again, work took over my day but I always try to pop in and spend some time with Sassy and I suddenly remembered that I had bought her some treats. She was a little bit curious with the camera flash and actually went for it at one point!

Go away!
Go away!
Before long she lost interest and got stuck into her treat. She really went for it. I am also happy to report (for the Mr mainly) that the bald patch on her shoulders is now growing back again and is almost completely gone. At least this means she must be in good health if it is healing again. She is a lovely rabbit.

Stuck in
Stuck in
Again, I fed Rambo on the porch while I sat on the chair and he didn't come up for air. It is such a relief to see him eating again. I also took the opportunity to check him for ticks and the ones that had attached to him at the weekend have gone. Both of them. I had sprayed him and them with vinegar to ensure they cleared off and thankfully it worked.

I am refusing to light the fire tonight, even though it is a bit chilly, mainly because I really cannot be bothered to cut any wood. It looks rather cloudy here now and it looks like a storm is brewing again, so I am going to go and make some food, drink some beer and read something while wrapped up in my fleecy blanket. Lucky there is nobody here to see how old I have got!

Leka nosht.

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment