Sunday 24 May 2015

Lazy Sunday

Well, if you remember from yesterday's post, I was full of good intentions of having another busy day. That didn't happen. It was late before I got to bed last night as something very strange happened. Rambo started to bark. It was really late (not sure exactly, but around midnight or so) and he rarely rouses at that time, for anything. I grabbed the torch and went down to see what it was. The next door neighbours dogs were also barking. I put the lights on to the porch and called him. He came bolting into the porch carrying almost a whole loaf of bread! I did hear footsteps from what sounded like someone on the lane, but I find it hard to tell sometimes. Now, cynical I may be, but this looked like a possible diversion tactic. I took the bread and lobbed it outside into the trench and bundled Rambo into the porch and locked him in. I then remembered that they men had been sheltering from the sun in the garage earlier and probably had not locked the door again so I did that. All doors locked and hoping I hadn't locked someone inside, I returned to Room 13 to listen. As it turned out, I heard nothing more and when I went to bed I locked the bedroom door also.

I woke very early again today and decided to have a little while longer. I woke at 10.30! Up for coffee and too let poor Rambo out who was locked in and I drank it one the porch where there were yet more rat droppings. There are certainly plenty outside at the minute and hopefully none inside now! I was struggling to get going and made the decision right then that I didn't have to. I am on holiday aren't I?

Poor Rambo has been struggling with the heat lately and it was decided he should go for a swim. I gathered my stuff together, grabbed a blanket, my kindle and I threw everything into the car, as well as Rambo and we set off. We went to a beautiful little place just off the main road where the Mr and I went swimming last year. The river is so clear and clean in this part as there is no silt, just a sand and cobble stone bottom. It has to be said, Rambo thought it was his birthday!

Straight in!
 I have really never seen a dog so happy in my life! I checked around and there was no sign of any livestock or in fact any other form of life around. He was let off the lead and was up to his neck in no time and loving it!

Up to his neck
Up to his neck
He came out after going in to the deeper parts and stood and stared at me. I worked out that he wanted me to throw something for him, so the only things to throw were stones. We did this for hours. He was exhausted but would he stop? Not one bit of him.

Got a bit wet
Got a bit wet
 He was enjoying himself a little bit too much and at one stage, forgot who was boss by not coming when called and then came to the edge of the water and running back in again. He had a little chat, him on the floor and me pinning him and we came to an agreement after ten minutes of me making him sit on his lead beside me. No more problems. Well, not really.


It really is a beautiful spot and all along this river there are little areas of barely touched landscape that are stunning. When the Mr arrives I am hoping to explore further and find more little gems like this one.

Beautiful spot
Beautiful spot
Back at home he went out to the garden for a sun bathe and to dry off. I came up and got my book and had a quiet couple of hours to myself . That is what Sunday's are all about. I came up and ate quite early today as I had forgotten to eat before we left for the river and all I had were a couple of biscuits when I got back. Very naughty, I know. It was starting to cool again and we both went up to the balcony to enjoy the last bit of the sun and enjoy the view. He was showing his appreciation for a good day by licking my leg.

Mummy's boy
Mummy's boy
As I have mentioned previously, he is losing his winter coat at an alarming rate! I was going to brush him to help it along, but in actual fact, plucking him has a fantastic  result also. This is one hind quarter. I hadn't done the other side by this stage.

Shedding
Shedding
I am still sat in my shorts as the sun has started it's final descent and I am thinking of popping on a film in a short while. I will leave you to your evenings and feel smug that I have no work in the morning!

Leka nosht.

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment