Thursday 30 April 2015

Tickless

I arose a little bleary eyed today and as I opened the door to the living room I was attacked by a random swallow flying around wildly and trying to get out! What a start to the day!  Ten minutes of chasing it towards the open windows and we were done and I was able to run to the loo at last!

I stuck the kettle on and went down to let Rambo out and carry out the tick inspection. Hurray! The tick was gone. It suddenly occurred to me that it must still be in the porch and as Rambo went for his morning wee, I inspected the bed.... Yep, it was there, trying to escape. It got as far as my vinegar cup and got doused in some just for good measure. Her is the mouth gripper after overdosing on vinegar,

Mouth tick
Mouth tick
Rambo already thinks I am mad, but we danced on the patio together and did a "woohoo" sound just in case he had any doubt. Then he got cuddles, from which he tried in vain to get away from and growled when he thought we were wrestling. Dogs!

Back up to the boiled kettle and I made myself my kick start to the day. I worked for a little while and just before 9am I printed off my request for the vet, using google translate obviously and headed off to see what I could manage. I found it easily after the neighbour sent me the directions on facebook yesterday and was pleasantly surprised that when I struggled to understand, the vet spoke a little English.  I bought a three month supply of drops for Rambo and some powder for the pups as they are not allowed anything too strong until they are six months. Result!

Straight back to the School and it was beyond Rambo's breakfast time. I had done this on purpose as I thought I could put the drops on whilst he was distracted by his food.  As it turns out, he gets a little grumpy when you poke and prod him when he is eating. I'm sure I almost lost a hand when I tried to put the drops on his ears, but we got there.  We made friends before I headed back inside for work.

I have been very busy again this week, which shouldn't be sniffed at, but of course as the warmer weather is arriving it is more difficult to motivate yourself to sit inside all day. I got there in the end.

Today, we had the drainage man turn up for the first time in over a week. He was delivered by two other men who were about to come on onto until they seen Rambo bounding towards them. I did laugh. They are just not used to big dogs being pets here at all.

I worked pretty much all day solidly and only headed out to make sure Rambo wasn't making a nuisance of himself at lunchtime. He was, unsurprisingly, but the workman said he was fine, so that's ok with me.

Work mates
Work mates
I also took the opportunity to check Rambo's face for any sign of infection, but he's a healthy big lump and looks to be fine again.

Lovely face
Lovely face
No redness
No redness
You can see in the second picture the green collar strap. That is the medicated one I bought. I am pretty sure it was next to useless though. In the next shot, I am still undecided whether there is a tick attached to his eyelid. I believe it is an immature one. The females are generally smaller, but this does not seem to be filling up which is very strange. This is why I dropped some of the treatment above his eyebrow in the hope that whatever it is will drop off,

Eye spy
Eye spy
Anyway, I won't bore you all again with my gardening round and my excitement about the growth again, but I have to show you how many onions I will be eating in a few months! Look!

Onions
Onions
So, it is almost time for me to pour a beer and switch on the snooker. Tomorrow I have a half day leading into the bank holiday weekend and I am quite excited that the weather is set to be warmer. I had to light the petchka a little while ago!

Leka nosht!

A x




2 comments:

  1. Bank Holiday? Never heard of such a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! You clearly don't work hard enough to be entitled to one.

    ReplyDelete