Wednesday 8 April 2015

Meanwhile, back in Bulgaria...

So, back to yesterday, let me think....

Ah yes, I was up bright and early to see the sunrise and it wasn't a bad one either, even though it was cloudy.

Sunrise
Sunrise
I was up early in the hope that some workers would arrive and I had coffee, and another whilst I waited.  It became apparent that Bekir and Sally were not coming and so I rang Bekir to find out when they would be back again and with a smile I hung up the phone with the answer of "tomorrow". So, although not ideal, I was glad they were coming back and that whatever the issue had been was now sorted out and hopefully the hospital incident was not as serious as we had feared.

I had gone back to bed after this as I was starting to ache and feel a little fluey.  I woke up not feeling much better and I skyped my boss to let her know that I was unable to work.  I really did feel nasty. When I did eventually get up after having a good couple of hours sleep I was feeling very sorry for myself and watched a film or two.  By the afternoon I was feeling very lazy and decided to go out and see Rambo and take a walk around the land. The colours have arrived and I am glad I did.  Here is what I saw.

The poor Silver Birch that was damaged in the snow has snapped, but there are still some buds starting to show on the branches above the break, so I tied it up again to hold the break in place and with any luck, it will mend itself.

Fighter Silver Birch
Fighter Silver Birch
Another casualty.  Sadly, I think this is one of the few apple trees and I'm not quite sure this is going to fight and win!

Casualty
Casualty
The magnolia plant on the top bank - how stunning!

Magnolia plant
Magnolia plant
Rambo followed me the whole way round with his blasted Kong.  This is him chasing it mid run!

Mid run
Mid run
Not quite sure what these are but they grow all across the top bank and are really brightening it up.

Yellow plant
Yellow plant
This is his "can you throw it already" face.

Ramboooo!
Ramboooo!
The last part of my jaunt around the land was to break up some branches and burn them.  We have plenty of wood for burning, but why waste all of the fallen branches.  I just picked off the ones I could snap easily and they smelled completely different.  I liked the smokiness of it burning.

Garden wood
Garden wood
So, that was yesterday.  Pretty uneventful and I went off to bed and put my electric blanket on feeling terrible again.

This morning I felt a little better and when I got up there was an amazing glow to the sky with the sun coming up behind the low cloud.

Misty sunrise
Misty sunrise
So today I was to set off and collect the men. I did wonder if the drainage guys would pitch up as well, but I set off and collected them.  they seemed chirpy, despite the weather but by the time we got back to the school it had stopped raining, so all was well.

I had work to do this morning with the agreement being that I would do that lot and let her know how I was feeling.  I had been awake mostly since 3.30am and was not feeling particularly rested, but I need to earn so I cracked on.  By lunchtime I was fading quite severely and I suggested to the boss lady that I would finish up what I had and that she could send me stuff overnight again for the morning as I seem to tire later in the day and so I may as well be working for at least some of the day.

The drainage worker arrived - hurray! In between my work I had been sticking my head out and checking on Rambo to make sure he was not tormenting him with the Kong and getting in the way. He was, and at one point, had dropped the Kong into the trench and was standing barking at him. I did laugh, as did the poor man, but I then decided that it cannot be much fun with a big lump of a dog in your way when you are trying to throw a pick axe around.  I went down and took his two Kongs and put them inside. This is his huff in full swing.

Huffing
Huffing
I took a walk to the roof when I was doing the coffee run mid afternoon and snapped a couple of photos. I do enjoy having the two of them here and although I do not feel nervous about being here alone, they make me feel safer and it is nice to have a couple of men around who I know I can rely on for pretty much anything if I need them.

Chimney top
Chimney top
Bekir sealing
Bekir sealing
Whilst the rapport has not built with the new drainage man yet, it is getting better.  I think him and the Mr will get along very well; both a grumpy.... Haha. He is not that bad actually, I guess you have to get used to people and today I found out his name, so please meet Nikolai.

Nikolai
Nikolai
Not being forgotten about, Sassy got some attention today too and also a treat.  She loves a bit of cabbage does Sass!

Cabbage treat
Cabbage treat
Finally then, at the end of the day after I had woken from my unexpected doze at the desk (I had my feet on your desk love) I looked out the window and saw something that gave me a fright. I ran upstairs to the roof to get a better look and obviously a picture, but nothing was on fire except what Usmivka was intentionally burning. I am not sure what it was, but there sure was a lot of smoke.

Fire!
Fire!
And here I am, 9.30pm and all I have managed to do is top up two fires all night, cook dinner and fly through this blog as fast as I could so that my weary bones can go to bed.  I hope you enjoy it and I will see you again tomorrow.  I will be glad when He is back doing these every day!

Leka nosht.

A xx



2 comments:

  1. I think you'll find the 'yellow plant' is a Forsythia (prepares to be shot down on spelling and/or plant identification)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trusting you as I have no clue! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete