Thursday 2 April 2015

Spring has sprung

Before I start with today I want to tell you a story about the stupid of Rambo.

Last night it rained very, very hard. It began just as it started to get dark. Now, those of you who read the blog daily will remember what Rambo was liking to do with his bedding from the porch, in that he likes to drag it outside to sit on during the day, sits on it for half an hour and then goes to sit on the grass. Anyway, I had gone down once it began to cloud over and before it got dark and I collected up said bedding and placed it in the porch, all nicely folded for him to use last night. Off I went to cook and write my blog and when I heard him barking at something, I looked outside and what did I see? Yes, his bedding sitting in the middle of the patio absolutely drenched through. STUPID! When I went downstairs and into the porch, this dog head popped out of the dog kennel sat in the porch that he never uses and it had a sad face on it.  Sad face or not, I dragged him outside, stuck his nose in the duvet and blanket which was sopping and I scolded him. I dare say it will not even go under his notice. Daft animal!

So to today. This morning, as i always do, I shouted "Morning Sass!" as I walked by and there she was out and about early and she has almost mastered the sun bathing thing. She'll get there.

Morning Sass!
Morning Sass!
Rambo had actually slept on his bed last night and when I went down for lights out before I went to bed he was sparked out and didn't seem particularly worried that it was soggy. He really is an affectionate big lump when he's sleepy and I tend to try and actually sit down there with him for five minutes and rub his belly before I head to bed. The Mr will say I'm spoiling him; I don't care. Anyway, the point is, I had to dry the flipping things today and did this.

Drying his bedding
Drying his bedding
I was back to paid work today and it was set to be busy, busy, busy as we were two typists down on the mouth of a bank holiday weekend, which I had completely forgotten about when I booked my days off earlier in the week.  Anyway, I have been sat at my desk all day unfortunately and have not really much more to report. I did take the opportunity to go outside a fair bit today as I end up getting cramped and sore if I sit too long typing, so I played with Rambo and went to check on the bulbs that were due to flower any day and sure enough, they had begun to show colour!

Spring flowers
Spring flowers
I had stripped the canvases from the temporary wardrobes and washed one last night and twice again this morning - I am taking no chances if my good clothes are to be hanging in them!  So between files I ran in and out and hung them out to dry.  I had pegged one of them in a silly way and when the wind caught it looked like it might fly off like a kite, but they were still there this evening, with the rat holes and all!

Canvas covers
Canvas covers
And so, I draw you to the end of a short blog today - blame the fact that I have to earn money!

As I was heading out to take Rambo for a walk to the bottom of the hill to get some more beer and bread (not for consumption together), this heavyweight cloud pulled up overhead, so I drove instead because I still believe I am not waterproof!

Storm brewing
Storm brewing

Tomorrow and over the weekend I have big plans for the tidying, cleaning, de-ratting and planting of stuffs, so stay tuned!

Leka nosht!

1 comment: