Monday 6 April 2015

Rain, rain and more rain

Last night and for most of the day today we have had nothing but rain up here.  The clouds just seemed to multiply and when one had finished another was soon coming up fast behind it. This was expected from the forecast though, so it wasn't a big surprise. This was morning.

Gloomy start
Gloomy start

I got up feeling particularly weary today and parked myself with a coffee by the computer and with the window in Room 13 open to get some fresh air.  It was not very cold this morning, so I went down to let Rambo out and stood with him a while in the porch watching the rain. I had to set my alarm last night as I wasn't sure if the builders would arrive today or not, given how wet it was. At around 8.30 it was apparent that neither set of builders would come today and so I went back to bed and slept like a log for another hour and a half.

Back up again and more coffee on the go I went down to check on and feed the dog. I was late today and he knew it as I could hear him kicking his bowl around from Room 13. He certainly isn't shy in telling me when he is hungry or thirsty. After breakfasting the animals I wanted to see if any of seeds had come up, but of course it it too soon and I am too impatient. Here you see the two lettuce pots and the chrysanthemums and desert bluebell pots that will hopefully sprout up in a week or so.

No babies
No babies
Back in the room and just in time for another downpour. The rain here can be so incredible. Just as I put coffee to my mouth there was an enormous clap of thunder and Rambo started barking like crazy, so I had to go down and see he was ok. I don't like thinking of him being scared, but of course he wanted only to play with the Kong.  Once again, he had dragged his bed out into the rain.  *sigh*

I pottered around a little bit this morning and tidied some stuff away and unpacked a few bits and bobs, but nothing too strenuous apart from cutting up some wood for the fire again. There really is nothing quite like sitting by the fire on a miserable day. I had also picked out some films that I wanted to watch.

Whilst I was out on the balcony getting a shoot of the things I had planted I noticed how Rambo's pool had been refilled.  He will be a happy puppy!

Rambo's pool
Rambo's pool
The day did not brighten any and so between downpours I snapped a few pics outside. More gloom.

More gloom
More gloom
I couldn't find him when I first went out and when I called for him he came bounding around the side of the School from the top bank and he swore he hadn't been sticking his nose into things that didn't concern him, but I am not so sure.

Dirty snout
Dirty snout
So as I said, no builders today and this is as good a reason as any I suppose; waterlogged trenches.  

Soggy
Soggy
And so the final  picture - this brightens up the front of the garden and even with a fallen tree hanging over it and partially covering the plants, they are still coming through which is great!

Colour at last!
Colour at last!
So today was spent mostly watching films, eating fudge, soup and crusty bread and drinking a couple of beers with the fire roaring.  It's not a bad life really.  Tonight, well it is 7.36pm and I haven't even thought about dinner yet, so maybe I won't bother at all and will just head off to bed early with another film and relax some more. It will hopefully be a busy week ahead.

Leka nosht.

Axx

No comments:

Post a Comment