Friday 3 April 2015

Washout day

Today is brought to you by text only, no photos at all I'm afraid.

I awoke this morning at my usual time and decided that as it was a holiday that I would doze a little longer.  This turned out to be a mistake as I didn't wake up until gone 10am and I had so many things that I had wanted to do.  I had a coffee and fed the animals and started to get that "meh" feeling.  I had had a late night and was struggling to wake up and beginning to feel like it was not going to be a good day. Clouds were hanging around the area, the sun was hiding and it was freezing cold in the wind.  I eventually peeled myself off the chair and went for a shower as the first thing I had to do was go shopping and I just was not feeling up for it at all.

As I gathered all my bits together in preparation for leaving I checked the Bulgarian phone and I had 4 missed calls and a text from the architect, Lubo.  The text (sent at 9.47am) said that the builders were in the village!  I had no idea they were coming today and so had missed them.  It was now noon. So Lubo rang back and said he would call them to find out whether they would come back again today and if not, when they were coming back.  I was really annoyed by this as had I known they were coming I could have been up and ready for them.  However, he text me back after a prompt around 40 minutes later telling me they would be back tomorrow at 8am! So much for my bank holiday weekend, huh?  Never mind, we do need this drainage done as soon as possible, so I will just have to get to bed earlier.

By the time I had set off for the shopping it was well into lunchtime and I hadn't had a bite to eat yet; I was starving.  Never go shopping on an empty stomach, isn't that what they say? I bought crisps. Lots of crisps. Bang goes the diet!

Shopping done and a quick stop at the hardware store to look at snow tiles, none of which I liked by the way, and it was back to the school.  I was still not feeling on top form and in my lazy mood I decided that Lucy would come back onto the land today to save me having to carry the heavy bags through the village and so now she is parked right by the front door.

I sat down whilst the oven warmed up and put some light bites onto the oven tray, drooling as I did so as it was 3pm and I still had not eaten. I really was in a lazy mood and decided to watch a movie rather than start anything that late in the day.  I gathered some wood and lit the fire and sat my lazy bum down.  I pretty much have not moved all day.  I have watched two movies and am probably going to put on a third very soon.

It has taken over two weeks for me to finally have one of these days where I am, not feeling lonely, but I miss the Mr. I am a very strange person in that when I feel like this, I tend not to want to communicate with anyone, even the Mr, which is just silly.  So I have been sitting around with very little happening and feeling sorry for myself all day and I will continue to do so this evening. Hopefully this will wash through my system in time for a busy day tomorrow and I can crack on with all the jobs I should have been doing today!

Apologies for the lack of photos and the sombre mood - but it happens sometimes. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Leka nosht.
A xx

No comments:

Post a Comment