Sunday 26 April 2015

Sunday: Day of rest

It really has been a day of rest today. I did not surface from bed until 10am after a later night and one too many beers it seems and I awoke to a touch of a headache. I was feeling less than enthusiastic about doing any form of work and so decided that I just wouldn't!

As I said in a previous post, I am starting to feel more and more confident in being understood and also in understanding people. I was drinking my coffee and at around 11am I heard the mobile shop that visits the village a couple of times a week and so I thought I would go up and see what that was all about. It really does draw a lot of the villagers out and it is a social hub up there. The village has an ageing population and I suppose they find it difficult to get out to any shops unless they have family that can take them. It is quite a trek into town for someone older. I was welcomed and greeted and the neighbours arrived also, I grabbed a loaf of bread so as not to be seen as nosey and I came away feeling satisfied that I had made an effort to integrate again. This is important to me/us.

As I had given up on any form of physical labour today, the only other thing I had to do was go shopping. As I entered the edge of the larger town there seemed to be a very big police presence, with cars at most junctions and coppers standing at the edge of every few roads talking into their walkie talkies. Most strange and a little unnerving. This continued to be the case the whole way to the supermarket and I also noticed a severe lack of traffic. It is generally a very busy road and the roundabout is like a gauntlet of death. Today, nothing was on the roundabout as I entered and left. Very odd.

Shopping done and all the animal food was bought to last another little while. I also treated myself to some seafood which I will be having very soon.

So mostly, I have been either watching snooker or doing this.

And relax
And relax
I had a little doze earlier whilst watching the snooker and am about to cook up some salmon and prawns in garlic and butter to go with my salad and then I plan to light the fire, pick a movie and relax some more. Back to work again tomorrow and already the files are in and waiting.

Hope you have all had a good weekend.

Leka nosht.

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment