Sunday 19 April 2015

Weekend again

So I'm going to make this quick as it is Saturday night and I have been feeling very unsettled and unrested over the last week.

Yesterday?  It was beautiful.

Morning
Morning
Sadly I didn't see much of it because I was working.

I don't really check on the men as much as I should and this became apparent late afternoon on Friday.  After what I thought to be clear instructions that the Mr was bringing back another distribution box, I thought they understood to not connect and not to permanently fix any electrics into the bedroom, when he was very proud to show me that the electrics worked in there, I went to the attic to see what had gone on.  Now, I know nothing of electrics, but I knew this was not good.

Connections
Connections
I traced the armoured cable (black cable) back downstairs and found that it was connected to the main supply from the pole outside. Even I knew this was not right and after talking to the Boss, it was confirmed. *sigh*. I am not cut out for these blue jobs at all.  I did ask them to not connect it, but I think they thought they were doing good by giving me power up there. Sadly, it isn't safe. Anyway, I got a bit down about it as I thought I had failed on this one.

Oh No!
Oh No!
As I say, when I am working not much happens that I can tell you about.  The men were finishing up in the bedroom though and that made me smile a lot.  It will be so nice to not have a dusty bedroom any more!

Finishing up
Finishing up
That was Friday really. I was so tired that I went to bed early and slept really well. I didn't write a blog as it was later by the time I had got back from dropping the men home and I was very late in getting my dinner.

Saturday morning came and I was up with coffees and feeding the two animals as usual. The sun was splitting the trees and I had wanted to get something else planted so I go out into the garden and cleared the second raised bed. Rambo came and sat with me and was surprisingly chilled out, not even harassing me to throw his Kong.

Ready for seeds
Ready for seeds
Again, there was a lot of grass growing in there from the horse manure, presumably. I took a walk round the garden and watered the flowers, Rambo's bowl and my seedlings and then went to dig out some seeds to plant. We have some pea seeds that I want to plant, but these can go into the bed in the veggie garden that I will try and clear this week when I am not working. I opted for celery, some more tomatoes and peppers. Fingers crossed!

Seeded out
Seeded out
As I was putting the last few celery seeds in I was called by the neighbour to go for coffee again. The whole family was there and anything I did not understand was Google translated by the granddaughter on he iPad - a great tool for us foreigners is Google translate. The Little Lady is trying to fatten me up, I am sure of it now. When I finished a cake she had given me, made by her daughter-in-law and I said no to another, she told me "Da! Nishto!" when I rubbed my belly. I had to be quite strong in declining. Bless her.

Just after I left I suddenly realised that with Orhan there with his Jeep that we could perhaps get the sofas brought over if he could take our trailer and pull them round here so I went off to ask and I was told it was no good as he had no tow bar. What a shame. We would have to wait until there were more men around and lift them manually.

I went back into the school to have a chat with the Mr and told him all about my time there and what I had been doing when I got called again by the Little Lady at the gate telling me to put Rambo away. I was unsure why as she has got used to Rambo fairly well now and never seems to be afraid any more and I suddenly heard a car pull in behind me up the driveway. Orhan had obviously called upon one of his friends as there he was, tow bar at the ready! Amazing. They really are so helpful.

All hooked up and ready for the heavy lifting.

Ready to load
Ready to load
The three seater came first and they got that in without any dramas. This is the lighter of the two as the two seater is an electric recliner and therefore much heavier.

Lighter three seater
Lighter three seater
All the while I had this little dude sat on my knee and helping me to take photos. How cute!

Little Dude
Little Dude
Little Lady also pitched in and through a joint effort they got both sofas out and loaded.

Little Lady
Little Lady
Loaded
Loaded
Back to the School and the boys unloaded the first sofa and popped it up to the first floor to the entrance of the living room. We then went for a tour and they loved the balcony and the Other Brother wanted to see the roof terrace, so off we all went upstairs. They were mightily impressed and the Little Dude got straight onto the rocking chair and they were asking him to pose for photos making him grumpier and grumpier, bless him.

Posing
Posing
The boys headed back down for the other sofa and I showed the ladies the guest room and explained what we planned to do. They really are fascinated by this place and our plans.

Back home
Back home
I need to clean these off obviously as they have straw stuck all over them. So I said many thanks to the lads and watched them unhook and push the trailer back to its spot down by the green building and felt very lucky to have such a fantastic family right next door willing to help me out like this. I gave the women a jar of preserve each as a thank you.

That was pretty much yesterday and with all the moving of sofas I didn't manage to get the other bed in the veggie garden dug out but by this time the winds were getting very strong and I was starting to feel hungry. When you are busy over here, time really flies by.

I had just eaten and the lights flickered. This did not bode well. I was only started on the blog and so I typed away until suddenly it all went dark. Yup, the electricity was out.  Generally it comes back on relatively quickly, but after a half hour of waiting I decided that I would call it a night and head to bed. It was only around 8pm but I was tired anyway.

Up early this morning at around 7am and everything was back on again thankfully. It was cold and cloudy today as was forecast and I will admit to climbing back into bed after a coffee for half an hour. It was then up and at it and I went off to cut wood as I knew I would need to light the fire at some point.

Fire wood
Fire wood
I had in my head to tidy some stuff from the corridors and put it back into the nicely aired and cleaned store room, so I did.


Filling up again
Filling up again
I also wanted to remove my old desk from Room 13 and bring a table up from downstairs that was not sitting at so much of angle for cooking.  Achieving little things like this is most satisfying. Having said this, it was hard work, both the desk and the table were very heavy!

New table
New table
Last job for today, whilst it rained and winded outside, was to set up the bedroom for use again. The men will be working in the guest suite next week, so I needed to get sorted.  How nice it is to have proper flooring and freshly plastered walls and ceiling!

Bedroom complete
Bedroom complete

So there you have it. That was the weekend. I have watched a movie this afternoon and wrote out this blog and am about to settle down to some sweet and sour chicken and relax with a glass of wine.

Over and out, until Tuesday for me. You must read the Mr's blog tomorrow as it is full to the brim of cuteness beyond your imaginations!

Leka nosht.

A x


2 comments:

  1. Ah, feck it... who needs circuit protectin anyway?

    I'm assuming there will be a distribution board in the loft in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a blue question. I only do pink questions, like "what's for dinner?"

    ReplyDelete