Thursday 16 April 2015

Back to work

Today's blog will be very short as I have a film to watch and I was back at work today, so less tends to happen.

Up at 6.20 and straight to the coffee and then for the men. I have taken to bringing Rambo back into his old routine of being fed in his enclosure and sitting with him whilst he eats.  He is still  not finishing all of his meal in one sitting, but as I leave his gate open during the day, he seems to be finishing it off completely by the end of the working day, so I am now less worried about him. As I sat waiting for him to finish I saw the same little lizard poking his head out from the undergrowth as I did a couple of days ago. These little critters are literally everywhere.

Sunbathing
Sunbathing
After Rambo's breakfast it was time for my own. I am conscious that I have not really been eating enough lately or regularly so today I vowed to make a conscious effort to do so. I set to work with a few files and around 10.30 I took coffee up to the men and had a look at the progress. The plastering was coming along well and the fiddly bits around the hole for the petchka and electrical sockets were being carefully completed.

Almost there
Almost there
I was back to work and din't stop again until lunchtime when I once again stopped to eat and went off to sit on the balcony. It was another lovely day, warm but with a strong breeze. As I was sat up there enjoying the peace and fresh air, I saw Rambo keeping Nikolai in order and I am not sure if it helped, but he seemed to be enjoying himself anyway.

Helping or hindering?
Helping or hindering?
Spring is in full swing here as you have probably noticed from all the plants and flowers I have shown you, but here is our favourite tree out the back of the building which is in all of its spring glory.

Pear tree
Pear tree
I finished up around 4.30 this afternoon, which is unusual and so rather than start something so late in the day, I went out to spend some time with Rambo and throw his Kong a while. He sat with me quietly while I drank my coffee and I talked to him. I do that sometimes, mainly because he pretends to listen and doesn't answer back or disagree. I'm going to get as much of that in as I possibly can before the Mr gets back here. :)

Rambooooo!
Rambooooo!
So really, today has been pretty uneventful in terms of what I have done, but the progress with our bedroom has excited me no end. I am hoping to be back in there by the weekend and then all we will have to do is paint - I am super excited as this is really the first room in the whole building to be completed once it is painted, but I am of course not going to do that until the Mr is back here and we can celebrate together. For now, it will be clean and a lot less dusty than everywhere else.

Plugs in
Plugs in
Plastering complete
Plastering complete
Tomorrow the men have a little tidying up to do and the last couple of plugs and a light switch to fit and then hopefully they will carry my bed back in and fit the petchka again for me. The rest I can manage myself. I cannot wait!

It is time to say goodnight again and I will watch the rest of the film I have been watching as I have been typing away and leave you with a short read before bedtime.

Leka nosht.
A x




No comments:

Post a Comment