Sunday 12 April 2015

Sunday in the sun

So what can I say about today? Well, first of all and this should have been a sign, but last night I was sitting finishing my beer by the petchka and I suddenly got the feeling I was not alone. After a quick scout round for a rat, I noticed this. There was a man at the door!

Man at the door
Man at the door
I slept in the guest room last night and I awoke to banging from Sassy, howling from Rambo and a banging hangover from too much beer and talking to the man in the door! Not a good start! I dragged myself up and let the boss out for his morning whizz. I was not feeling particularly great and I must have downed a pint of fruit juice within five minutes and I was ready for coffee! Very quickly, I started to feel much more alive.

Just needs company
Just needs company
My first task was set to be the humanure. Now, much as it is not actually as nasty as it may seem, I hate it. So I sat over about three coffees and a couple of juices and mustered the courage to go and get it done. Now, unlike the Mr, I will not subject you to photos and I successfully managed to complete the task and all with only a twinge to my shoulder as the metal grates are very heavy - even for a machine like me!

And so, another couple of coffees and I am completely awake and over the trauma of humanure. Next task was to dig out a bed for my seed potaaaaaatoes and onion sets. So here we have what I had to work on. Where is the flipping bed?

Overgrown bed
Overgrown bed
Amongst a lot of worms and grubs I found this little guy. I went off to take a photo leaving him on the spade and came back, totally forgot myself and threw the contents of the spade across the patch - sorry little caterpillar

Critter
Critter
The whole garden is completely overgrown. I was battling against the giants of the weed world and had to be careful with these bad boys! They were huge and the roots were so deep. Still, I am glad for my extra thick gardening gloves which have really come in handy today.

Huge thistle
Huge thistle
I was taking a lot of breaks and just as I started one, Little Lady called me over for a coffee. I was glad she did as I was a little worried that the difficulty in communication was getting too much and I hadn't heard from her in a while. I think it is very important to integrate here and they are such kind and generous people that it is a complete shame about the language barrier. I managed to say to them, with the help of Orhan, the older brother, that the Mr was working very hard to keep me in shoes and decorations for the School.  They creased up laughing - this is a good sign :)

I came back home to do a little more digging but the sun was at its brightest and it wasn't long before my blue Irish skin took offence.  I am not one to overcook things *ahem* so I came back inside. I was done digging for he day. My shoulders were burning and I really just was done for the day. I hadn't done too badly really.

Almost done
Almost done
In amongst my digging I had come across a winter survivor - how well done for this particularly stubborn plant, already sprouting a purple flower and almost ready for my roast dinner :)

Survivor!
Survivor!
I resigned myself to the fact that the working day was over and that I wanted a bbq tonight. I thought I would act on an impulse I had yesterday and that was to take Sassy out on the roof for some fresh air. She loved it....look!

Sassy on the roof
Sassy on the roof
Chilling
Chilling
 And so, it was time for my time,  I lit the barbecue and listened to some rather eclectic music, shoulder dancing and bopping around the place and settling down to eat, just as the wood delivery arrived. A Sunday night! That would not happen in England. A whole family turned up to deliver the wood. They actually calmed to Rambo as well which was great. Most people who come here are terrified of the big lump.

Anyway, music is on and I am going to fade very fast tonight, a new week to start tomorrow.

Leka nosht.

A xx








No comments:

Post a Comment