Tuesday 21 April 2015

Quick off the mark

So, I am about to do a very quick update for you for the last two days. It really should not take long as I have been busy with paid work and not had much of an opportunity to do much else. Here we go:

Yesterday, same routine and arrived back with the men who were starting a new task this week after the triumph of the bedroom! They were to start to build the remaining partition walls for the two guest suites and the bathroom in between. Again, very exciting as we have visitors coming in the summer and really want to have it done for them arriving.

The men didn't waste any time and got straight on with the job in hand and Sally started to bring some of the wood up that they had brought in from outside on Friday.

Sally making a start
Sally making a start
It really doesn't take them long to make significant progress and they really do work so well together and just get on with it. They are used to the Mr taking photos of them all the time, but just have not got used to me doing it yet and so they swing around and laugh.

Fast progress
Fast progress
I seem to have got Rambo back into a routine for eating, which really has put my mind at ease now. Whilst he still is not eating all of his meal in the morning, I am sitting in his enclosure with him, generally with my coffee after I have collected the men and he will eat around a third of it. Instead of feeding him near the house and having that food around the porch all day, I leave it in his own house and make sure to leave the gate open for him to access it. He seems to go in at around 4.30 to finish it off as he kicks his bowl around once it is empty to let me know. Here he is guarding the gates.

Guarding?
Guarding?
As I mentioned, I have been pretty busy, so not much to tell you about my days. It's good to be busy, but I certainly still want to enjoy my time out here as much as I can, so I do try and take breaks away from my desk. It's not always easy to do.

The men were making great progress and I snapped a couple of pics but the mood had changed somewhat, they were seeming quite serious with no smiles. At lunchtime I went in for a nosy and from what I could see, they must have made a slight measurement error as they had to make a slight amendment to the wood positioning. It is fine, but they are so proud of the work they do that perhaps they were annoyed at themselves.

Top section attached
Top section attached
Now, when I cut up bits of wood for the fire I do not use a handsaw, much to the Mr's amusement. I use the Mitre Saw which we moved down towards the wood store so I was able to do a little bit every day to have the fire going, so perhaps they didn't want to move it from where I was using it, but this is how they have been cutting the wood!

Chainsawing the beams
Chainsawing the beams
I found this highly amusing indeed.

Last night I was in bed pretty early again. For some reason I get more tired sitting at the desk all day than i do out doing the manual stuff around the School.

So, to today - well again, I had files from the word go that had been sent overnight, so after the morning routine, sped up a bit this morning as I had to go and get petrol in Lucy before I collected the men, I sat down to do some work. I made my second cup of coffee and went to feed Rambo who sat with me after he had finished and lay his head on me until I had finished my coffee. He is a big softy really. Sassy was naughty today and kept trying to kick me when I was feeding her. No idea why. Maybe she just wanted a little bit more attention. Perhaps she misses the roof terrace.

The men again made even more progress. I had given them a drawing of what needed to be done in there and they just got on with it. Here is Bekir following the strict Health & Safety guidelines in Bulgaria.

Health and what?
Health and what?
Now, the new puppies have arrived home with the Mr and I keep getting sent pictures and videos of these absolutely adorable little bundles of bounciness! Look at those faces! I cannot wait to meet them. I really can't.

Puppy love
Puppy love
Finally today, the wall frames have been built! Just a few more noggin things to go in for the plasterboard and they will be pretty much done in there for now. We are not asking for electrics or any plumbing just yet as there is a big job to start next and that is the living room and the spiral staircase into the kitchen! I actually went to stand in the bathroom as I thought it looked smaller than I had imagined, but there is plenty of room in there. Great progress today.

Taking shape
Before I forget to record it here, I had a visit today from two journalists from the local news station who want to write an online article about the restoration of local Schools and the people who are doing them. I wasn't 100% sure how the Mr would feel about this, but I assured them that it was his idea to do it and that he was the person they needed to speak to, so they said they would come back when he arrived back here. We shall see. We might hold celebrity status yet! *shudders*

And so, here I am. Tired again, tapping away after a long day tapping away. I have a very early start in the morning due to copious amounts of work flooding in today but I will smile in the knowledge that I have Thursday and Friday off. I will see you at 5.30 in the morning. Maybe not, but I will be up and about!

Leka nosht.

A x






No comments:

Post a Comment