Saturday 11 April 2015

Two sunny days

Where were we? Oh yes, I didn't do a blog yesterday, did I? The reason for this was because quite frankly, I couldn't be bothered and I was tired. I did watch Allo Allo a lot instead.

Well, let's start with yesterday morning.  As you will all know, because I know you read this every day (or you should!), it was really windy on Thursday and on Thursday night whilst I actually remained asleep after a period of howling winds, the window frame, approximately 8ft by 8ft, was blown off the balcony in what was reported to be 90mph winds!

Windy night
Windy night
As usual, I was off to collect the men and as I got to the car I noticed that the village has acquired a council bin!  What an achievement! There are very few villages with bins, but our Kmet must have been on the ball.

Village bin
Village bin
It was a beautiful day but again the winds continued. They were not just as strong as they had been, but strong and very cold all the same. This is a photo of the Greek mountains from the top of the me's village. The snow has finally melted.

Greek mountains
Greek mountains
So they both got settled in and Bekir started to tile the floor in the bedroom whilst Sally carried on clearing the guest room in readiness for next weeks task/

bedroom tiles
bedroom tiles
Clearing space
Clearing space
And so I was faced with a choice: Spend the night in room 13 or clear the guest room. Yes, you guessed it, I was lazy!  Look at the state of it! Under there is a lot and I mean A LOT of train track and stuffs.

Messy guest room
Messy guest room
I had a fairly busy day with work, but I had to put Rambo in his enclosure for a while as he was driving me nuts with his barking, not to mention the poor drainage worker who he was barking at! I managed to get this close to him right before he woke up. Good job I wasn't a burglar!

Some guard dog
Some guard dog
So I had even more washing to do and I had hung out some things on the line in the hope that I would not have to run around the whole of the land picking up stray clothing and clothes pegs - I did, but I didn't have far to go today thankfully!

Windy!
Windy!
And so the men finished up and I left them home.  Here are the final results of the day.

Almost finished
Almost finished
Window edge finished
Window edge finished
 Just the cutting to finish for the edges, not bad work.  Sally had also cleaned up around the window from when the window fitters stuck the window in.

This morning I awoke with a bit (not much) of a spring in my step and I had tasked myself with clearing out the guest room so that I could at least have a proper bed to sleep on for a few nights. It is not that I wasn't comfortable on two armchairs, but even for a short person, I could have been more comfy.

I did get sidetracked somewhat and when I was moving the humanure toilet I decided that Sassy needed a clean out also as she was beginning to stink a bit.  So here is Sassy's almost clean toilet - she insists on using it straight away.

First task
First task
So I went and started to clear the bed in the guest room and the colours emerged from the Mister's wardrobe. I was sorry I had lost my sunglasses!

Main task today
Main task today
Colourful Mr
Colourful Mr
After much faffing around, tidying away, getting clean sheets off the line (ground), it was ready for sleeping on!

Ready for use
Ready for use
I had arranged for lunch today with S&S and after all the tidying decided I needed to shower and get dressed quickly.  I was running late (as usual) and luckily, so were they.  I left around ten minutes after I originally planned to allow for their 15 minutes late and yes, they were STILL late - hahaha. Was fine, I don't mind at all and we had a lovely, if not slow in coming to the table, light lunch at our favourite restaurant. We had talked a lot about what I was doing and what they were doing and also about the new restaurants they have found up on the other side of the main town, so hopefully we can go there some night soon to check it out! It was lovely as always to see them both.

By the time I got home it had really hotted up and I was so warm in the car I only stopped for petrol and for beer and bread and headed straight home without going to the supermarket. I will do that tomorrow.

I stripped off and put on a dress and went straight to the roof terrace for some relaxing time and something was just missing. I went and got him and he loved it! (I am going to get killed for this).

Nosy doggy
Nosy doggy
So the drainage guy was here all day, I do forget they work on a Saturday.  Here is his progress, especially for the Mister.

Clear in front
Clear in front
Front trench
Front trench
Not convenient
Not convenient
 And so, the end of the sun was nearing and I thought I would go back up and tan the blueness from my Irish skinned legs. Summer is on its way!

Tanning the blue skin
Tanning the blue skin
Leka nosht.

A xx







No comments:

Post a Comment