Saturday 13 June 2015

Epic day!

Good evening again from Bulgaria. It has been a wonderful day here. The sun shone from the minute I opened my eyes until just now, when it disappeared behind the mountains.

I was feeling a little tired this morining and after sitting over a couple of coffees I decided to give myself a shake and get on with something. The first thing I had to do was the humanure. I have been putting it off and putting it off for a couple of days, but I finally bit the bullet and got it done. Amongst it all is Sassy's toilet tray which also gets a scrub and disinfected. It was reasonably early at this point but was already around 25 degrees.

Humanure complete
Humanure complete
I pottered around inside afterwards, washing up and putting the clothes from yesterday away and while out watering the lettuce on the balcony I noticed how well the pear tree is doing again this year, despite the winter damage. The Mr will be pleased.

Pears galore
As I came back in from the balcony something caught my eye on the floor. Yes. It actually is a relatively fresh rat dropping.  Gutted! Although they must be coming in at night and not actually nesting inside as i am sure I would see more droppings around.

Rat dropping
Rat dropping
As often happens on a Saturday, my neighbour had her family around and just as I had finished filling the buckets with more sawdust  (I had left them to dry out in the sun), I heard my name being called. I was actually really glad of the break and went straight over. We had a coffee morning with Sanie and her daughter in law and the lady who came to market the day I bought the chickens. Oygul's son brought a poorly chick down to the steps were we were all sitting. From what I can gather the poor little mite has not been eating and is frightfully thin. It must also be ill though as Sanie arrived out to the porch with a chopped up clove of garlic and told me it was a good antibiotic. They really do things in old school ways here. We had a cracking old time and Hasan (Usmivka) can to say hello and gave me a hug. The women were all talking to him at once and I laughed so hard when he said something, pointed to one ear and then the other and threw his hands in the air. So much fun. Everyone was in stitches. Poor Hasan - haha.


When I had been out shopping last week the supermarket had erected a marquee in the car park to house all of their gardening stock. Barbecues, chairs, patio sets and such like. I noticed a swinging chair with a canopy that I thought looked ok and happened to mention it to the Mr later on. I had the go-ahead to buy it if I liked it. So today, I got myself together and went shopping. It was still there and I bought it!

Here we go
Here we go
The Mr had a lay in today, which is unusual and I didn't bother to message before I went out in case I woke him. When I got back, I had lots of excited messages from him and he had booked his ferry, AT LAST! I cannot believe that in around ten days we will all be here and together. I'm so excited!

So, I am renowned for separating jobs around here into pink jobs and blue jobs, but there are a few jobs that have blurred lines, or so I thought.

What could possibly go wrong?
What could possibly go wrong?
This was a blue job. Not only did I have to swap legs around after attaching the main frame together, because it had a step, three steps down the destruction timeline that meant you had to place the legs in a specific order, but to top it all off, when I took the swing section up to the roof and tried to get the main frame up there, it wouldn't fit through the attic door! In 32 degree heat, I gave up trying to squeeze it up and around and I ended up removing a set of legs. Infuriating - haha. Still. I got there in the end and I have to admit, I am very proud. It will need a man tighten when he gets back, but I have sat on it and swung and it did not fall over!

Success
Success
Having just written this out, it does not really seem like I have done a lot. I have been reasonably busy all day though and am almost ready to sleep again. I took tonight as an opportunity to do something I have meant to do for quite a long time and I took my dinner to the roof to watch the sunset. It was well worth it and the empty glass is what is left of my jug of mojito that I had made up earlier. Very nice it was too.

I will leave you with the last rays of sunlight this side of the Greek mountains.


Leka nosht.

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment