Wednesday 3 June 2015

The weekend begins

I am terrible at this blogging thing when I am working during the day. I have taken no photos until I finished at 5pm. I can assure you that there will be more photos and much more to read about when the Mr gets back! Not long now either, thank goodness.

So it was a busy day and again, I was up early. 6am this morning and I managed to wake up reasonably well even before my coffee. After saying good morning to the animals and putting the chickens outside and blocked the door off, I sat myself down to a busy day of work, with files left over from yesterday to be getting on with.

I broke at lunch time and due to a new workman turning up to fix the slabs along the front of the porch that the digger had damaged, I had to take Rambo up to the balcony as the man was really grumpy with Rambo sniffing around. Not ideal, but what can I do? At least he was outside. So I decided I would take him out for a walk and forego my lunch. He is spoilt rotten! We had a nice walk; not particularly long but he was tired by the time he got back and I filled his water bowl and managed to grab a couple of slices of toast for my lunch before I had to start back.

All day I have been popping out on the balcony to see if the chickens had ventured outside and each time I was disappointed. At some point the wind had toppled over the door that I had laid horizontal to block the doorway and so when I went to check after work, here they were, snuggled up together inside again. I assume they are just getting used to their surroundings, but I do hope they become more adventurous and start scratching around outside and eating bugs!

Hiding
Hiding
I had brought some more feed with me and although they still had some left, I want them to have plenty for the time being. They are fairly good hens and have a bit of meat to them, but there is always room for growing. I also refreshed their water, which is apparently very important.

Pecking away
Pecking away
Whilst standing watching them I managed to grab a picture of the little swallow chicks that have hatched in the hose with the hens. Not ideal, but I cannot bring myself to knock the nest down. It can wait until they leave the nest.

Babies
Babies
Standing in the doorway I became aware of a couple of birds trying to get in and then swerving off at the last minute. I spotted why. This one had clearly food for the babies in its mouth and was waiting for me to move out of the way in order to deliver it.

Waiting
Waiting
As I mentioned, we had a new workman today to come and rectify the damaged caused by the drainage works and to lay the missing slabs from the patio. When I was out at one stage this morning I did wonder what he was doing, but he was cutting the slabs to fit the one above it and next to it perfectly. I didn't really know how to tell him that he needn't be so particular about it all.

Slow progress
Slow progress
It looks like I am going to have a fair bit of work to do to clear the mess up left over from the drainage. It is apparent that the men are not coming back to do this. Never mind. The exercise will do me good I suppose.

Lots of sweeping
Lots of sweeping
Not only sweeping, but the clearing of all the large stones and rocks from around the front. It will keep me out of trouble. Or at least aid that process a bit - haha.

Another job
Another job
And so it is Wednesday night; my Friday, if you will. I have much to do as the Mr may be home within two weeks, all being well and I am now kicking myself that I was so lazy on my week off. I really need someone to kick my on the behind and make me do stuff. This weekend will be a busy one!

Leka nosht!

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment